Thursday, November 28, 2019

Dear Santa...Let Your Heart be the Light!

let-your-heart-be-the-light-kells-gold-distress-oxide-kim-gowdy

Hello and Happy Thursday, November 28th! How did we get to the end of the month already? With less than a month before Christmas, there is still lots of card making and gift buying to do (at least for me!). I have been so inspired by all the wonderful cards shared on the Quietfire blogs this past month and thought I’d add one more to the mix.

My card quickly came together as soon as I saw this wonderful quote from the ‘Let Your Heart be Light’ collection of stamps! The two little boys from Tim Holtz’s Idea-ology Paper Dolls play so perfectly with the sentiment!

stenicl-snowflakes-leaves-let-your-heart-be-the-light-kells-gold-distress-oxide-kim-gowdy


I used the Leaf and Snowflakes Spray stencil with some white acrylic paint on a piece of Creative Scrapbooker’s Superstock. Using the three colours of green Distress Oxide inks, I blended the colours over top of the snowflakes and spritzed with water for even more texture. I buffed the snowflakes to remove the ink and make them pop.

let-your-heart-be-the-light-kells-gold-distress-oxide-kim-gowdy


My sentiment was stamped and embossed with the Kells Gold Modern Gilding Powder. I love the shine and texture it provides. I also edged my cardstock border very randomly and embossed with the same Kells Gold Modern Gilding Powder, it’s the perfect way to bring your focus into the card!

let-your-heart-be-the-light-kells-gold-distress-oxide-kim-gowdy



Be sure to add this fun stencil and stamp set to your Christmas card making kit. The sentiments are perfect for every card you send! Of course no craft room would be complete without a few (or ALL!) jars of Modern Gilding Powders! Happy Card making! 

~kim

let-your-heart-be-the-light-kells-gold-distress-oxide-kim-gowdy

Supply List:

Let Your Heart be Light Collection - Clear Stamps

Creative Scrapbooker Superstock
Ranger Distress Oxide Inks
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...