Friday, March 8, 2013

To Create - Caught In Crystal Tulip

One of the Quietfire Creations DT does a technique at the beginning of the month and this time it was Holly doing a "Caught In Crystal" technique. We can try the technique if we want or not - up to us... I've done alcohol inks on plastic, but never went further with the Diamond Glaze, glitter & tissue paper, so thought I'd give it a try. BIG GRIN.

So stamped my jumbo tulip (Inkadinkado) onto the clear plastic using Staz-On black and clear embossed. Note: I tried with Versafine and it never dried even after 24 hours... so wiped it off and re-stamped. PS Holly didn't clear emboss, and if you do, you have to be careful you don't warp your plastic.

Note: make sure your plastic is larger than you need, so you don't get the inks and Diamond glaze seeping underneath,

I didn't find my Diamond Glaze so used 3D Crystal Lacquer. I put several blobs in various areas of my flower and dropped alcohol inks (butterscotch, raspberry) into the blobs in the colors for my flower, and then my stem (meadow). Using the tip of a bamboo skewer, smeared and moved the blobs around. Added more blobs of lacquer and the blue (Pool) of the background, smeared it around, then sprinkled with Distress fine glitter "Star Dust", then scrunched up a piece of white tissue paper, un-scrunched and lay it over the whole of my background, leaving some of the wrinkles for texture. Set it aside to dry completely.

Trimmed it down and adhered it to my cream toned 5"w x 7"h card.

Die cut the corners from black cardstock, using Cuttlebug "Ornamental" die set. They're the negative pieces... Adhered them to the card with the lacquer.

Stamped the quote "To Create is to..." on a scrap piece of cream cardstock and clear embossed. Trimmed it around the quote and also used a circle die from Spellbinders and my hard rubber mallet to cut around areas. Adhered to card with the lacquer.

Click on images to see larger views. Enjoy

Hope you give it a try. Was fun.

4 comments:

Francie in Montreal said...

Beautiful effect and a lovel card.

Robyn said...

nice.
I wrecked my plastic trying to emboss.
You really went with the flow here.

Holly said...

Beautiful Yogi! I love it.
I like how you put the colour right where you wanted it, instead of random or abstract. Very nice, and I love that tulip stamp.

Robyn, look for heat proof transparencies- they are usually at office supply stores. Then you can heat emboss.

Jutta said...

Your lovely card shouts Spring, thanks for sharing Yogi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...