Friday, February 12, 2016

Always and Forever

Hi there, Connie Nichol here today with a scrapbook project featuring a Quietfire Design Valentine’s Day/Love stamp, a heart die from the Calligraphic Elements 1 metal dies and a couple of Quietfire Design digital cutting files.  I used these to showcase one of the photos taken at my wedding over twenty seven years ago.  Wow, how time flies.  I haven't changed a bit.  ;-)


This layout came together very quickly.  I like to stamp directly onto patterned paper to speed things up.  That way the background design work is already done. Many of the Quietfire Design stamps fit perfectly into the pre-designed journalling cards that come in patterned paper packs.  This particular patterned paper is from Heartfelt Creations.  I felt adding the calligraphic elements was a great way to add elegance.

The rubber stamp I used is from the Quietfire Designs Valentine’s Day set.  This is a terrific stamp set for Valentine's Day cards and wedding layouts! 


The words in the page title are from the Quietfire Design digital cut file Always and Forever, but instead of using the calligraphic ampersand that comes with the file, I substituted a heart from the Calligraphic Elements 1 metal cutting dies set .  I just liked the look of it.  Extra romantic.





The large white heart and butterflies I used as embellishments are from another digital cut file called ‘Butterfly Heart Card’.  I downloaded these shapes as an svg file from the Quietfire Designs website and cut them using a Sizzix Eclips2,   You can also purchase them through the Silhouette store if you have a Cameo.   I love that you can use these shapes together to create a beautiful card, but also as individual elements in different sizes.  Happy Valentines Day! 

3 comments:

Robyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robyn said...

Gorgeous and heartfelt page Connie. The quotes are beautifully framed. A treasure!

Yogi said...

lovely. Have a great day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...