Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Detailing with Stencils and Washi Tape just in time for Christmas in July

How hot (or cold) is it where you are? We're in the 90s here in Virginia so the thought of Christmas is a nice cold and refreshing one.  I always like a white Christmas - something about snow coming down is just the most peaceful sight - until the kids run out on there and trample on that fresh white snow!  



This card was made with a lot of fun stuff - Copics to color the houses on the Memory Box dies, Liquid Pearl and glitter for the snow, Washi tape for the windows, distress inks for the blue sky, and Mirrorcard for that shiny Peace, and embossing paste and white ink for the snowflakes.


I first sponged a blue sky with Distress inks (Chipped Sapphire, Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon) after I sketched where the Memory Box Brevilla hillside die cut would be.  I then used Embossing paste to do the spray of Snowflakes across the sky.  I really wanted to make the windows in the die look like they were lit so I drew little in the top and bottom window of each house.  I then placed the Queen Bee and Co silvery washi tape where the windows were marked as shown below.


After I put all the card pieces together as shown below, I wasn't quite happy with how it looked.  I wanted the snowflakes to look whiter and hide the gaps in the die cuts.



To whiten the stencil, I placed the stencil back over and dabbed some Stazon White onto the dried embossing paste.  


So much better!  You can see where I missed a couple of spots - great way to showcase the improvement though, right?  


My final detailing was to add liquid pearls and white fine glitter while it was still wet to hillsides.  I hope I was able to show you some tricks on how to really polish up a card by taking care of some little details.




2 comments:

Charmaine Stack said...

What a neat card! I really like the way you accented the hills with the Liquid Pearls and glitter.

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful card, Diana!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...