Monday, January 28, 2019

Stamping technique: Mix and Match stamp sets

 
Hello Crafty Friends!

Often times when crafting I tend to focus on one particular stamp set- forgetting that I have stamp sets to mix and match.  Quietfire Design has so many lovely stamp sets that work well together and it is fun to mix them!  Why not experiment and create a project using more than one set?  Mixing and matching is easy to do and is a great way to get even more uses out of your Quietfire Design stamps and dies.

Valentine's Day is just under three weeks away and I wanted to create a sweet love card.  I have a lot of white scrap paper so I challenged myself to create a card front using just white card stock.  First, I had to determine what stamp I wanted as the focal point.  I chose "I love you" from the I don't tell you often enough stamp set:
I Don't Tell You Often Enough, Set of 5 - Mounted
This stamp set has already had a lot of use on different cards and I welcomed one of the stamps to be used again.

Next I wanted to frame the sentiment.  One of the newly released stamp sets was an easy choice: Twiggy Wreath and Sentiments.
Twiggy Wreath and Sentiments, Set of 5 Stamps - Mounted

The sentiment is beautiful inside the twiggy heart:
Last, but certainly not least, was the background.   I am lucky enough to have each of the Quietfire Design stamp background stamps.  The crackle background called my name and I answered!  It was heat embossed in gold.  Next, three different shades of pink ink were added to the background.  The result is a stunning gold and pink background with the oh-so-heartwarming "I love you" elevated above.
The different stamps sets do work well together.  Challenging yourself to mix and match stamp sets or dies or digital files will definitely increase your creativity and projects. 

Do you have a favorite Quietfire Design mix and match?  We would love to hear about your favorites and/or see your projects!  Feel free to do so in the comment section below or share on the new Facebook page: Suzanne Cannon Fan Group!

Thank you for stopping by!
Have a happy, crafty day.
Big Hugs,
Kathy Jo

1 comment:

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a gorgeous make, Kathy Jo. The gold and pink background is just beautiful and your I love you heart is so pretty as the focal point with the gorgeous bow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...