Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Live in the Moment!

Good morning!  Sherry here today and I have an altered frame using one of the new March releases, Live in the Moment, to share.  I don’t know about you, but for me I always look at what altered items I can make with Quietfire Gentle Thoughts.  Without fail I can always find the perfect sentiment to use in a frame or another gift item.

LiveInTheMomentFrame

I started with one of the Michael’s dollar frames that I always have on hand, painted it black and then applied a layer of black embossing paste with a mini harlequin stencil.  Once the embossing paste had dried, I replaced the stencil and misted with gold perfect pearls and water mixture.

LiveInTheMomentFrame CloseUpSentiment

The sentiment was embossed in black, mounted on chipboard, and then trimmed down to fit the inside of the frame.    Black cardstock spritzed with gold leafing was used as the background for the sentiment.

LiveInTheMomentFrame RedFlower

The flowers and foliage (Spellbinders Blossom Five and Foliage) were die cut from watercolor paper and then inked with Ranger Distress Stains.  

LiveInTheMomentFrame PurpleFlower

The flourishes (Spellbinders Venetian Motifs) were also die cut from watercolor paper and then colored with a gold leafing pen.  

Corsage pins used as embellishments were also covered with the gold leafing pen and all the splatters with made with the gold leafing pen using either a color spritzing tool and/or canned air. 

That’s all for me today . . . thanks for joining me!

SHERRY SIGNATURE

Project Supplies:


7 comments:

Janet L. said...

Gorgeous frame, Sherry. Fanny would have liked it. She was blind and still could have enjoyed feeling the roses and the embossing of her words. She wrote many hymns (I once did a program about her, that's how I'm so cotton-pickin' smart about her!)and enjoyed life.

Yogi said...

Lovely as usual. Wonderful blooms.
Have a great day

Jutta said...

Another winner Sherry, I love!

Shirley said...

Spectacular as usual. I love how the blue rose look against the green, gold and black harlequin stencil.

Robyn said...

I love harlequin! Get setting for the quote.
You almost make me want to use black!LOL

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Wow! It's amazing. The details, inking, flowers and sentiment are perfect!!!

Francie in Montreal said...

Stunning effects. Beautiful results. Wow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...