Monday, May 4, 2015

A Mother's Greatest Masterpiece


So I have a confession to make:  This quote terrifies me!  As a mom of 4 young boys, right now their flaws just glare out at me and they drive me up the wall daily, if not hourly.  So to say that they are my greatest masterpiece is just depressing.  :)  But then if I think about it a bit more, and see the boys as a rough sketch of what is to come... that many of their "flaws" are just phases that "will soon pass" I have more hope.  Because they are good boys (rather handsome, if I may say so) and when they are kind and helpful, the sun really does shine brighter.  So this quote is more of a reminder of what I'm working on and it helps me persevere.  But enough of my boys.... here's how I made my card:

The colored background is actually made with food coloring and dish soap. You can read about my process here.  I used Spellbinders Curved Borders to trim it down.  The base layer was embossed using Lifestyle Courtyard embossing folder.  After I stamped and embossed in black detail embossing powder the quote was die-cut using Lil' Inkers Stitched Circles.  The circle was popped up and placed on one side of the card - I love the look of the circle trimmed off.  I added some silver twine and Wild Orchid Craft flowers to frame the circle.  I then added a Memory Box Vivienne butterfly to the bottom of my card cut from Pucker Me Pink craft metal sheet.  My final touch was to round off the bottom of my card.

Quietfire Design, Mother's Day, Diana Nguyen, WOC

Don't you just love that flourish under the word children?  

Quietfire Design, Mother's Day, Diana Nguyen, WOC


 A Mother's Greatest Masterpiece - Set of 4 Stamps

I hope you like it and that you have a great week.

7 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

Beautiful card and sentiment!

CraftyJo said...

Beautiful card Diana. I no longer have a mum to send a card to but these sentiments would have been perfect for her. I'm sure you're doing a very fine job with your four boys - we all have our doubts as they're growing up but I can tell you truthfully that my two sons are wonderful young men now and make me constantly proud. It's worth it in the end ;)

Yogi said...

ah, this is really really beautiful. Have a great day

Jean said...

So beautiful!

Anne said...

Oh wow! This is utterly GORGEOUS!

Quietfire said...

Well, you sure made me smile. I'm glad you know it's just a phase. That should be your mantra for a while! Beautiful card Diana! Hang in there!

kellymotz said...

Love the sentiment. Whole-heartedly agree. All my former accomplishments faded in importance when I "achieved" my children, thanks be to God.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...