Thursday, June 14, 2018

Tea & Thee


Happy Thursday!!!  My card today uses stamps from the new set, Tea & Thee - set of 7, and a die from the new Rosebud Wreath & Elements set

I began with a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavy Stock paper (Ranger) cut to 5 1/4" square.  I painted the panel with Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Toffee (PaperArtsy), dried it, scraped on a very thin layer of Fresco Finish Crackle Glaze (PaperArtsy), sponged Fresco Finish Nougat (PaperArtsy) over the glaze using a piece of Foam Cut 'n Dry (Ranger), and left it to dry and crackle.  Once dry I spritzed the panel with water, sprinkled on Infusions, Rocky Road & Rusty Car (PaperArtsy), sprayed with more water, dried using my heat tool blotting with a paper towel where I had too much water or wanted to remove some color.  I did think to take a picture at this point.  


Using a Stamping Platform (Tim Holtz), I stamped the quote using Archival Ink Potting Soil (Ranger).  I stamped it several times to get a good print over the crackle.  The tea ring and spots were stamped with Distress Ink Espresso (Ranger).  I stamped the images multiple times with an inking to get varying depth of color.  Dried.  I put Espresso ink on my craft sheet, added some water and used a paint brush to splatter the ink across the panel.  I then dipped the edges in the watery ink and dried each edge.  

The leafy wreath was cut from green cardstock and inked with Distress Ink Forest Moss at the base of each leaf.  I also shaped each leaf by folding using my fingernail to crease the center while folding.  The tea cup was stamped onto white cardstock with Archival Ink Potting Soil, cut out, inked with Distress Ink and flower rub-ons added.


I had not planned to have a tea ring for the cup to sit on - a happy accident.  I hope you've enjoyed today's card!!!  The new stamps and dies are wonderful!!  Don't wait to get yours :-)

Hugs, Wanda



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...