Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Even a Small Star

I'd like to welcome Nancy Nickel to the Quietfire Design Team!  Here is a little bit about Nancy in her own words:

Hello, from the prairies of Saskatchewan, Canada! I live here with my sweet and tolerant husband. Our two girls are all grown up, and we have a lot of fun in our empty nest. It's a good thing we have snow half the year (or more), as I really like to hibernate. What a great excuse to stay at home and craft! To keep myself from becoming totally anti-social during my hibernation, I enjoy meeting and making new crafty friends online, from all over the world! The rest of the year I try to balance crafting with taking long walks along the river with my husband, popping in at the farmers' market, and having picnics in our favorite parks. 


Hello, everyone!
It's Nancy here with you today. I'm so excited to be sharing my very first official Design Team Post with you! I'm thrilled to be here! I find all the Quietfire products so creatively inspiring. My goal is to share some fun projects with you, in hopes of inspiring you to try these great products for yourself!

Today I have combined a Quietfire stamp with a Quietfire Digital Cut File  to create a fun card.

Here it is:


I don't usually begin with an angle photo but I wanted you to see the see-through nature of the card.
I have lots of photos to share in hopes you can really see how this card comes together.
It's so easy to make but it looks like it took some effort, doesn't it?

I began by cutting the Nesting Stars Folded Card out of a night sky coloured cardstock.
You can see that I already have my sentiment stamped and sparkle embossed.
I wanted to make sure it fit before I went any further.


Then I cut a second card out of a pretty gold shimmer cardstock.
I'll use this card base for another card. All I really needed was the smallest star cutout.
I really wanted it in the pretty gold shimmer, and using the same cut ensured the perfect fit.


I decided to make my card a tent-fold card.
I began with a side-fold card, so the cut does work either way.


This is what the inside of the card looks like.
I forgot to take one before the card was finished 
but it's important to see that little star cutout on the inside of the card.


I wanted the little gold shimmer star to be floating in the card.
To do this I actually laminated it, and then cut out a 4 3/4" square.
Since I recently bought a laminator, I am always looking for more ways to use it.
However, if you don't have one, you could easily adhere your star onto a piece of acetate,
sandwich it in two pieces of transparency, or adhere a star on each side of a piece of clear packaging.
The nice thing about the shimmer cardstock is that the sparkle shows through.
If you don't have the shimmer cardstock, just add some glitter or some other form of sparkle.
We want this little star to be special and have some twinkle! 


Next comes the only tricky part about putting this card together. 
The floating star piece is inserted under the front of the card, as shown in the photo below.
However, it must be lined up with the little star cutout that is in the inside of the car, shown in the photo above. 
It's really not all that tricky to do in person,
it's just tricky to explain with photos! lol 
I had a small piece of double sided tape ready.
Once I had my star piece just where I wanted it, I lifted up the corner edge of the card
and slipped the piece of tape in to secure the laminted piece securely to the card base.
Then I could open the card up and adhere the rest of it in place all the way around.


 It's also hard to get a good photo showing it because of the glare. 
If you look closely at the photo below, 
you can see how the gold star aligns perfectly with the cutout star behind it, 
when the card is closed flat.


Even when the card is standing open you can see how the stars all nest beautifully into each other.


Here's a closer look at the stamped sentiment:
It was stamped with embossing ink, and then covered with a pretty gold sparkle embossing powder
before being heat embossed.
Isn't that a lovely sentiment?
It works so beautifully with the card.
To finish it off, I simply added a few sequins.



Quietfire Design Products Used:




Other Materials Used:

Recollections - Cardstock, Holiday Shimmer Cardstock;
Stampendous Embossing Ink;
Ranger Embossing Powder - Enchanted Gold;
Unknown Sequins;
Hilroy Laminator.

* * * * *

Thanks so much for stopping in today!
I hope you liked looking at my card! I sure enjoyed making it! 
See you again soon! 
Nancy :o)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...