Monday, January 20, 2020

Sleeping Under a Quilt, a Scrapbook Layout

Sleeping Under a Quilt stamped and embossed with Acanthus Teal Modern Gilding Powder/ scrapbooking layout

Happy January 20, 2020! Kim here today, sharing a scrapbooking layout using a new favourite stamp from Quietfire Design; ‘Sleeping Under a Quilt’ [item #6245]

My Mom is an exceptional quilter! This past Christmas, she gifted us beautiful quilts. My son was over the moon to receive a full size quilt, he has been sleeping under my Mom’s quilts all his life, and was wanting one to fit his bed! This stamp was perfect to tell this story.

Creative Scrapbooker Magazine January Sketchy Challenge


My layout started with the January Sketchy Challenge from Creative Scrapbooker Magazine. I love adapting them, to make them my own. Sketches are such a great place to start the creative process!

I used the quilt quote in the lower right corner of the grid design. I stamped it onto a piece of sturdy white cardstock using Distress Oxide ink and then embossed with Acanthus Teal Modern Gilding PowderThe Distress Oxide leaves a beautiful, crisp yet ‘juicy’ image for embossing. I like to choose a similar colour to the Modern Gilding Powder I use. Not necessary, just something I have been doing for so long, it’s just instinctual. 

Acanthus Teal Modern Gilding Powder / Distress Oxide Ink

Note that I also added stitching to the border.

Sleeping Under a Quilt stamp / embossed with Acanthus Teal Modern Gilding powder

I sewed on two fabric hearts, it seemed to be a perfect embellishment for my ‘quilted’ layout. 

scrapbook layout using Sleeping Under a Quilt stamp

I found the perfect background paper for the layout from a Moda Scrap collection I had in my stash called ‘The Beautiful Season Collection’. The colour was great and it looks like a border one might find on a quilt...I was really trying to keep with that theme!

Scrapbook layout using Sleeping Under a Quilt stamp and acanthus Teal Modern Gilding Powder

I am really happy to have this story told and tucked into a scrapbook album. Often we think of stamps as a card making elements, but some of them are so lovely to add to scrapbooking layouts. This particular quote couldn’t be any more perfect for the job I needed it to do!



Happy creating in 2020!

Supplies:


Creative Scrapbooker Superstock 
Moda Scraps: The Beautiful Season Collection
Ranger Distress Oxide Ink: Evergreen Bough
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Ali Edwards: cork heart & speech bubble chipboard

Bernina sewing machine

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...