Friday, December 5, 2014

Jingle Bells - My Idea of a Perfect Christmas


Yogi here today with a Jingle Bells card... another one of my itches to do...

Click on either image to enlarge. Enjoy.

I scored and folded my white card (5"w x 7"h). Embossed the frame design using Spellbinder's "Decorative Labels Eight" largest die and my tan mat. Ran through my machine, then hit the high points with Distress "Pumice Stone". Dried.

Stamped the quote "My Idea of a Perfect Christmas" (minus the word "you") using Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed. Added the three black dots with a micron pen.

Die cut the jingle bells (Sizzix Tim's Movers & Shapers) from white cardstock, then hand cut a solid under layer. Adhered the two together, inked it with Versamark and embossed with silver embossing powder, twice. Applied Quickie glue to the two little curved areas and sprinkled with Ritz micro fine glitter "Stardust".

Die cut the pine branches (Impression Obsession "Fall Branch") from white cardstock. Left it clinging to my large piece of cardstock and inked it with Distress "Forest Moss" and sponged "Evergreen Bough", then removed it from the larger cardstock. Adhered the branches to the front of the card. Then adhered the bells.

I won a bunch of ribbon from "Little Scrap Pieces" and the green one was perfect for this card. I tied it in a double loop bow using my quilling comb like a fork... going over every second prong. This little bow style was taught at our last quilling session and definitely comes in handy...

As a final touch on the front, added some white pearl flourishes.

On the inside, stamped the Santa (Stampers Anonymous "Christmas Memories") using the black, clear embossing and coloring with Prisma colored pencils.

Stamped part of the other quote ("We Believe in Santa"), using only the word "Santa", stamping with the black and clear embossing.

Sponged the edges with Distress "Worn Lipstick".

Hope you enjoyed the techniques I used and maybe give using the tan mat for embossing designs with dies on your next card.

6 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Hahaha! I thought it was "you" on the inside! Love it!

Great card, Yogi!

Jean said...

Love it!

Holly said...

Great card Yogi- and you got me. I was expecting 'you' on the inside. :) Nice techniques too.

Dorina D said...

Beautifully done. Love the inside, too.

Quietfire said...

lol! Cute!

Teresa said...

Both are such cute cards... love the jingle bells you did :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...