Monday, May 13, 2019

Foil Fun! "You are never to old"

Hello Crafty Friends!

Yesterday on the weekly "Show Me Sunday" on the Suzanne Cannon Fan Page on Facebook, I shared the start of the card posted today.  The card uses three of Suzanne's stamps: Butterflies, the Grid Background, and "You are never too old".

The butterflies and Grid Background were stamped using watermark ink (such as Versamark) and embossed using adhesive embossing powder (by WOW).  Next, foil was placed on the hot glue stamped image, rubbed into the glue, and removed to show the beautiful foiled results:
 In the negative areas I applied Postbox Red Paint Pen (by Ranger).  Love the grey, red and gold color combo!

The quote was stamped onto the grey paper using back dye ink.  The red paint was applied on the stamped quote as shown below.
 The grey card stock was cut to size, mounted on coordinating paper and then mounted on a tent fold grey card.  The final touch was were some half pearls and gold bling.
Crafting and playing with different stamps is a great way to explore creativity and to use your stamps in ways you never considered.  If was fun to play with this card and see where the creative road lead me.  How will Suzanne products inspire you?  Feel free to share your creativity on the Suzanne Cannon Fan Page!  We would love to see it.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a happy, crafty day.
Big Hugs,
Kathy Jo

2 comments:

Yogi said...

VERY VERY NICE!!. I didn't get good results when I used the adhesive embossing powder... I guess will have to try again. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great day

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Thanks, Yogi! I did find that the glue dried fast but I just reheated it and it worked out well. (My friend recommended the WOW powder and glad she did!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...