Monday, May 25, 2020

Take Time to Delight with Modern Gilding Powders

Quietfire Designs / Take Time to Delight / Modern Gilding Powders / Kim Gowdy

Hello! Kim here again with a card share for the Quietfire Creations blog

My card was inspired by the wonderful quote from this Quietfire Designs Gentle Thoughts stamp [#6270]. It’s [another] one of my favourites and can be used for every season. I stamped it on a scrap of deli paper to use on my background.

Quietfire Designs / Take Time to Delight / Kim Gowdy


Before I get too far ahead of myself, let’s look at the hummingbird! I had this chipboard piece from Southern Ridge Trading Company in my stash. I LOVE adding Quietfire Designs' Modern Gilding Powders to chipboard! I took colours from the first and second collection to create this focal element. I used a Versamark pen to control the placement of my Gilding Powders.

Quietfire Designs / Modern Gilding Powders / chipboard hummingbird / Kim Gowdy


So fun to see it evolve to this finished hummingbird!

Quietfire Designs / Modern Gilding Powders / chipboard hummingbird /  Kim Gowdy


I used a gel print that I had in my stash from a previous creative play date! I used some matte gel medium to adhere to a piece of Creative Scrapbooker Magazine’s Super Stock. I used the same medium to adhere my quote to the background...a technique I use often so I can play with placement of the quote before I commit to it!



I added another layer to my background with the random bits front the Quietfire Designs' Grid Background [#5895].

Quietfire Designs / Grid Background/ / Kim Gowdy


I finished up my card by adding it to a card base and green mat. I did this before using Glue Dots to stick down my flower and hummingbird! I know just who will love this card and can’t wait to get it in the mail!

Quietfire Designs / Take Time to Delight / Modern Gilding Powders / hummingbird / Kim Gowdy


Supplies:


Southern Ridge Trading Company chipboard
Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Super Stock
Glue Dots
Distress Oxide Inks
StazOn ink
Prima flowers
Bazzil cardstock

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...