Thursday, November 12, 2020

2020 Christmas release

I am so excited about Suzanne's new Christmas release!  This release will be available online on the 15th but it may be available at your local store already. Els of Elizabeth Craft Designs did a live video showing the new release on Wednesday.  As always, they are super elegant and versatile - each die so beautiful on its own that you don't need much else but also fun to combine to make more elaborate cards.  I tend to go the clean and simple route but I do love wreaths for Christmas so here are two as clean a card as I can make with wreaths.

For my first card, I made a wreath by cutting the candy cane die set 7 times and rotating them around.  It looks rather complicated but by some selective coloring, this wreath is made with just that one die set.  



To keep the white of the candy cane clean, I die cut the backing of the candy cane with blue painters tape.  Tip: Place some painters tape on a piece of  Elizabeth Craft Design release paper to easily remove the tape.  Use the tape to mask the candy cane and use different shades of green distress oxide inks to color all the flourishes.  I went back later and added a darker shade with Copic makers to the portion of the flourishes that are right next to the candy cane to really make the candy canes pop.


In the center of a 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" white square, I sponged the same distress oxide inks and splattered some water over it.  After adding a red backing to each of the 7 candy canes, I placed them in a circle as best as I could.  I then used a piece of Press and Seal wrap to keep them in that same position.


I flipped it over and then added foam tape to the candy canes.


Using Press and Seal ensured that my wreath stayed round and well spaced.  Too often I get everything laid out just right only to mess it up when I lifted the pieces to glue them down.  


I added a die cut of Joy to the center using a black layer behind a gold layer and also a thin red matte on top of the white card base.



For my second card, I used a rainbow of the rounded leave sprig against a soft gray background.  Again I laid them around a penciled circle and once satisfied, I used that Press and Seal again.







I then flipped over the wreath and added glue.  To make the "Merry Christmas" stand out above such a colorful wreath, I stacked 5 layers of white die cuts.  I then traced the metal die on a sheet of vellum and fussy cut the vellum as a backing for the stacked die cuts.



I added the layer to a white card base to bring out the white of the Merry Christmas die.


Thank you for reading my long post!  Happy Christmas crafting!


Supplies used:
Supplies used:
Merry Christmas 4



Flourished Christmas Minis 3


Create A Wreath



1 comment:

Robyn said...

Copyin the candy cane wreath for sure! thanks for the press and seal tip. I had forgotten that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...