Monday, February 17, 2014

THINKING OF YOU- CARD

Hi Everyone! It's Holly here today, sharing a card that's pretty in pink. I'm really in the mood for something lighter and brighter, and maybe a little spring-like.
 
I used the larger stamp from THINKING OF YOU with jet black ARCHIVAL INK, on white cardstock, then die-cut around it using SPELLBINDERS NESTIBILITIES SCALLOP CIRCLES. I lightly stamped a small flourish from FLOURISHES 1 with SPUN SUGAR DISTRESS INK and sponged WILD HONEY DISTRESS INK around the scallop edge. I stamped the small butterfly from the BUTTERFLIES/DRAGONFLIES set, using sepia archival ink, onto a scrap of white cardstock. I sponged wild honey distress ink over it, and cut it out. Spun sugar distress ink was also used to sponge colour onto the SOLID WRINKLED WHITE RIBBON then set aside to dry.
 
With my electronic cutter, I cut the leaf branch from THIS FILE, designed by Suzanne at Quietfire Design and available through Silhouette America. I cut two branches from gelli print papers I had on hand. After sponging wild honey ink around the edge of the embossed pink cardstock, I wrapped vellum, then the ribbon across, fastening to the back of the cardstock. I adhered the Thinking of You, as shown, and added the branches. Then, after shaping the wings a bit, I attached the butterfly, and the brown rhinestones.
 
Here, you can see the hint of sparkle on the butterfly, that was added with the Wink of Stella pen.
 
I hope you enjoy seeing this card as much as I enjoyed making it.
Thank you for stopping by- you are very appreciated!
 
 

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Beautiful! Love the texture and the sparkle

Yogi said...

pretty. Love the softness of it. Have a great day

Jutta said...

Lovely Spring colours, love those Gelli plate leaves.

Anne said...

This is such a pretty and delicate card and the soft textures are wonderful! Beautiful card, thanks for sharing!

Froggietalks said...

Gorgeous card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...