Friday, January 29, 2016

Snowflakes and Let it Snow!

Hi, Connie Nichol here today with two projects featuring a stamp from the Let it Snow Snowman set and  snowflake digital cutting files from Quietfire Design.


Here's a simple 8.5 x 11 scrapbook layout to feature a photo I snapped with my phone in the Rocky Mountains last fall. Snowflakes seemed like the perfect embellishment, so I used my Sizzix Eclips 2 to cut a bunch of large snowflakes using the Berry Leaf digital cutting file and layered them under the photo to form a snowy background.


And then, while I had everything scattered around my craft room, I cut some snowflakes in a much smaller size and put together a card featuring using the same Quietfire stamp as the scrapbook layout above.  I am amazed at how well the Eclips 2 cuts out the detail on a tiny snowflake.


A touch of glitter makes everything looks fancier, so I added some Stickles to both the title and the snowflakes.

I especially love this Berry Leaf snowflake cutting file from Quietfire Design because it includes the solid background layers you can use to add dimension and interest.  So many possibilities for layering different colours and types of paper to get different looks.  At only 99 cents, digital files are such a bargain.


Here's the stamp set I used for the scrapbook page title and card, the Let it Snow Snowman set.  So versatile for winter scrapbooking!


Supplies Used:  Quietfire Design stamps and digital cutting files, Sizzix Eclips 2, Simple Stories patterned paper and stickers, Stickles glitter glue, Clearsnap Ink, Chameleon markers, May Arts ribbon, cheesecloth.




1 comment:

Yogi said...

beautiful. Have a great day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...