Thursday, February 22, 2018

Celebrate and making a subtle background with stamps

Hello!  Diana here with a card that can be used for any celebratory occasion but feels like spring to me!  It's in the 70s today and it's FEBRUARY!  I like it.

But on to the card itself:
It's hard to see in some of the photos because the background is so subtle but that was what I wanted so that the beautiful Celebrate die cut would really pop.  I used the "Celebrate" clear stamp from the Happy Birthday collection to make my background.  I stamped it repeatedly on a white card stock and clear embossed.  Though the picture looks almost ivory there, it was the best picture that captured the clear embossing even though everything was done with Neenah white card stock.


The Celebrate and butterfly die cut were sponged with Distress oxide inks and then adhered to the front of the card.  I added a bit of adhesive rhinestone to my butterfly and voila, all done!



For a little big of extra sparkle, I went over all the die cuts with a clear glitter Wink of Stella pen.  It's so pretty and delicate in real life!


I hope you like it and it inspires to you to look through your stamps to see what would make a great background!


Happy Birthday Collection - Clear Stamps
Happy Birthday collection (clear stamps) available from Elizabeth Craft Designs and Quietfire Design

Celebrate - Metal Cutting Die
Celebrate metal die available from Elizabeth Craft Designs and Quietfire Design

Butterfly Flourish - Metal Cutting Dies

Butterfly Flourish metal die  available from Elizabeth Craft Designs and Quietfire Design


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...