Monday, March 19, 2018

Be Brave, Each of Us has a Song to Sing


Hello Again!!!!  It's Wanda and I hope today finds you well!!! 

I had fun putting this project together.  I started with Distress Oxide Inks onto Distress Mixed Media Heavystock paper.  I put the inks onto a craft sheet, sprayed with water, and dipped my paper in repeating until I was happy with it.


Next I did some layers of stenciling with the A Way With Words Dotty Stencil (from Quietfire Design or Elizabeth Craft Designs).  First I put the stencil on, sprayer some water, removed the stencil, blotted the paper and dried it.  This left light colored circles that you can make out a bit.  Next I put the stencil on and inked through it with Distress Oxide Salty Ocean.  Finally, using just the largest circles along the edges, I inked through with Snow Cap Pigment Ink.


The crow and the music are both from the Crows - Set of 9 stamp set.  After being sure the panel was completely dry and tapping an anti-static pad over it, I stamped the music and embossed it with Detail Black Powder.  I stamped the crow and embossed it with Black Sparkle Powder.  Each of Us has a Song is stamped with Archival Ink Jet Black, no embossing, and I wish I had embossed it or used a stamping platform to stamp it, but I didn't.  To help it show from the background a bit better, I used a water brush to brush water over that area, blotted off some of the color, and dried it.  I inked around the edges of the panel with Distress Oxide Frayed Burlap and finally embossed the edges with Black Sparkle Powder.  


The next layer is paper cut from an old music book.  I crumpled the piece well, flattened it back out (but not too much), rubbed a Distress Ink Tea Dye pad direct to the paper, sprayed the paper with water, and dried it.

I die cut Be Brave (from Quietfire Design or Elizabeth Craft Designs) from black cardstock, set it on but it was just too much black.  I thought silver might work well so embossed the black words with Silver Embossing Powder... 


 but I didn't think they stood out enough so I embossed right over the silver with Wendy Vecchi's Cactus Blossom Powder - I liked that.  The final detail was dots of Cactus Blossom Enamel Accents.  It's all attached to black cardstock.


I hope you've enjoyed today's project and that you find some time to play with your inks and stamps this week.

Hugs, Wanda





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...