Monday, March 26, 2018

Friend forever with Clear Embossed Background


Have you ever made such a pretty background or found the most beautiful designer paper and then have trouble covering it up?  I do - all the time!  I think the best thing about word dies is how easy they are to use.  I don't have to worry about losing a good amount of real estate for a sentiment because of the blank space - it can just go right on top of most backgrounds.  

I love clear embossing and so I was playing around with the leafy acanthus background die and made this base layer by rotating the stamp and stamping in the corners.  After clear embossing, I used Distress Oxide ink Lucky Clover and Fossilized Amber to bring out those beautiful lines.


I die cut the Friends 3 times and layered them on the card.  I snuck a tiny addition underneath - a small over die with Forever all clear embossed and sponged with the same ink colors.


I still get to see much of my pretty background but I've also managed to get in a bold sentiment.  Hope you like it!

Friends - Metal Cutting Die


Leafy Acanthus Background - Mounted

Life Journey Words - Mounted



1 comment:

CraftyJo said...

This is lovely, tfs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...