Thursday, August 9, 2018

It's A Party - Be There or Be Square


Hello.  It's Wanda here today to share a Party Invite card.  

A Way With Words Stamps & Dies --

For the colorful panel I started with white card stock cut to 5" x 3 1/4".  Distress Oxide ink was sponged on using mini blending tools and then dried using a heat tool. 


Next I added Transparent Gloss Texture Paste (Ranger) through a stencil (Stamper's Anonymous).  Transparent paste goes on white and then dries clear.  However, if you adding paste over something that is water soluble, then the paste usually draws up (or absorbs) some of the color it's on top of.


I've used the Texture Paste over Distress Oxides that have been oxidized with water but this was the first time I used it just over the sponged ink, no oxidizing.  I knew it would change the look where the paste was verses where there wasn't any paste.  I was not expecting pink.  It's fine here and I like how it looks. It is something to remember though and you might want to test on a scrap if you are concerned what a color might do for a project.  


All the stamping was done with VersaFine Onyx Black.  The month was die cut with the smallest Stitched Circle Cutting Die (Elizabeth Craft Design's).  The number 4 was punched with a 1/2" circle punch.  It's easiest to stamp the number and then punch with the number showing through the back. 


Party was die cut from white cardstock and then embossed.  I embossed two layers of clear embossing powder and then did one layer of white embossing powder.  There are what looks like air bubbles in the embossing which I think looks really cool.  I don't know why it did that, but I might experiment some time to figure it out. 

The edges of the month, number, and Be There banner were inked with Wilted Violet.  Twine was attached to the back of the circles to make them look like balloons and they are popped up with foam.  Once I saw the picture I wished I had wrapped the twine to the right of where it is so it wouldn't look like it's crooked (not something that stands out seeing it in person), but everything is very well stuck and I'm not going to mess with it :-)


Thanks for following along!!!

Hugs, Wanda


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your use of more common dies and punches rather than thinking you have to have EXACTLY the right die— using a die and punch you already have to make the balloons is just perfect. Those distress oxide inks are truly in a class all by themselves, aren’t they? That resulting pink color is really eye-catching. Very cool card!

Art By Wanda said...

Thanks so much, Mary!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...