Friday, August 31, 2018

I Don't Need An Inspirational Quote - Cathy Potosky, Guest Designer




Hi everyone! It’s Cathy here again today with my last Guest Designer post for Quietfire Design. Thank you Suzanne for letting me create with your wonderful projects and share my projects here.

I am a coffee addict! As soon as I saw the “But First, Coffee…” stamp set I knew it was meant to come to my house!
I used a number of the stamps to create a background for my card. I had some coffee dyed paper in my stash and had to use it. I randomly stamped images and words from the set using Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ground Espresso.




I then used embossing ink and covered the page with Emerald Creek Baked Texture in Vintage Beeswax and melted it. I did this 3 times to give it a vintage look.


I then place this piece in the freezer and while that was getting cold, I stamped a coffee phrase onto some burlap ribbon that I had in my stash.


I retrieved my embossed piece from the freezer and very gently started to bend it, and it cracked so wonderfully.


The Vintage Beeswax is very glossy when it’s embossed, so to bring down the shine I did a quick, thin layer of Dina Wakely Gel Medium over it.

I used foam tape to attached this to a 5 ½ X 5 ½ card base, edged in Ground Espresso, then attached the stamped burlap across the front and added my saying. It needed just a little something more, so stamped 3 coffee cup images on a scrap of my coffee dyed paper, fussy cut them and added them on the burlap.
Love this stamp set! I could make backgrounds all day, while I drink my coffee! Here a few extra close ups of my Vintage Coffee card.



Hope you all have  great long weekend and thank you letting me share my creations with you!
But First, Coffee - set of 8
Cathy Potosky

Products Used:
Emerald Creek Baked Texture Vintage Beeswax
TH Distress Ink Ground Espresso
Ranger Archival Ink Sepia
Dina Wakely Gel Medium





A big thanks to Cathy for sharing her fun projects with us. You may see her other recent project HERE. Visit her blog for more of Cathy's projects.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...