Monday, February 4, 2019

Baby Love


Hello!!!  We have lots of baby love going on in our family as two grandbabies were born in the last 8 days.  One each to both of our sons - one was a girl and one was a boy.  The first for both of our sons.  Exciting times!!!!


My main panel is watercolor paper and the color is embossing powder.  Using an embossing ink dauber  I made streaks of ink leaving space between the streaks.  I added once color of embossing powder to the ink and heated to melt.  After allowing a minute to cool I repeated with the dauber, added my second color of embossing powder and heated.  This was repeated for the third color.  I allowed the bands of color to overlap slightly and, as you can tell, I only worked in the center area (from top to bottom) of the card.  Once I was done with the embossing and it was cool I added white paint through a stencil for the hearts.  Gold paint was added around the edges.  Thinned gold paint was splattered over the panel.


All the die cut elements were cut from both purple and white card.  The words were layered together offsetting the pieces.  The feet were inked around the edge with purple ink.  I added the white heart dropout to the purple feet using tape behind the feet to keep the heart in place.  Using punches from my stash I added smaller white hearts on top putting foam between them for dimension.  All die cut pieces were attached as shown.  I punched two small purple hearts and added them as shown.  The panel was attached to a folded white card.


When I made the card, looking at it in person, everything looked good.  It has since been used for a baby shower but looking at these pictures, 'love' looks crooked to me and it's driving me crazy, LOL.  But overall I hope you like the card.  It was fun to make!!!

Hugs, Wanda


Quietfire Supplies --




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...