Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Background Technique using the Quietfire Design Crackle Background Stamp.

Hello! Kim here with a card share on the Quietfire Creations blog today. This is not my first share on the blog, but it is my first time as part of the Quietfire Design Team! Thanks Suzanne for inviting me to play in “your” playground on a regular basis!

Today I want to share a fun background technique using the Quietfire Crackle Background stamp and Nuance Powders by Magenta. I knew right away that this stamp has so much potential for fun! Check this out!




1]  I stamped my image twice side by side to cover my card front with clear embossing ink, it was pretty easy to match and I wasn’t concerned if it overlapped a bit. Sprinkle on clear embossing powder and heat set.



2]  Sprinkle the Nuance powders over embossed image, a little goes a long way! Don’t overdo it!



3]  Spritz with water and move your card in all directions to move the pigment around. At this point you can add more water or use a wet brush to guide the colour. I LOVE how it flows around the embossed image! 



4]  With a roll of paper towel, roll over your wet card to pick up the excess water and pigment. Set this aside so it dries completely.



5]  Using Ranger’s black Archival Ink, I stamped my sentiment, from the Quietfire Every Day is a Journey set, onto deli paper [tissue paper would work as well].



6]  Using a wet brush, saturate where you want to tear your sentiment off. This makes it easy to tear away a rough, but precise edge. 


7]  This quote was stuck to my card front using a matte gel medium underneath and on top of the deli paper. As you will see in my final project, using the deli paper with gel medium makes the paper “disappear” revealing the quote! It’s important not to use a water-based ink with the quote or the gel medium would make it “bleed” where a crisp image is desired.

8]   Next, I cut one of Suzanne’s fabulous Silhouette files, a moose! It was perfect for the vibe I was wanting for my card. Thoughtful and masculine.



9]  I embossed the moose with several layers of Emerald Creek embossing powder [Java]. It instantly became a sturdy, handsome embellishment for my card! I edged my card front with some narrow washi tape before adhering to my card.



10]  I LOVED so much how my card turned out, I made another. This one used all the same steps as noted above, but I added a Dina Wakley collage image as the focal point as well as a pop of colour using the Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks!



11]   These stamps and techniques can be used in so many ways. I hope you give them a try!


QUIETFIRE DESIGN Supply List:

Crackle Background
Every Day is a Journey
Birds and Animals Dingbat Font


Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to sharing with you again in August! For more Quietfire Design inspiration, scroll down through the blog or join Suzanne’s Fan Group on Facebook, we’d LOVE to see you there as well!


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow, Kim! That crackle background is fantastic! Gorgeous cards! Congratulations on your first official DT post! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...