Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Fill Your Paper Tag Book - Nancy Nickel, Guest Designer



It’s Nancy back with you today. I’m here to share my second Guest Designer post.
When I saw this gorgeous “Fill Your Paper” sentiment stamp in the store, a project immediately came to mind. It was just a matter of finding a cut file in the shop that would work with the image I had in my head. Then I saw the Library Pocket Tag Book cut file, and knew that it was just the right one. Every once in a while, I come across a cut file that becomes a fast favorite. This file is one of those for me. In fact, I have already cut out a couple more, in different themes and colours, that are all ready to put together. The one I’m sharing with you today is done in a vintage style, and made to actually fill with writings and favorite quotes.



 I cut out the album, adding a second cut of the front and back cover, of black cardstock. I also added a second cut of the reinforcements because I liked them so much, and I wanted to add them everywhere! I assembled the pockets. I then inked all the edges of all the pieces with Black Soot Distress Ink, including the inside of the pockets. I adhered all the reinforcements in place.




I stamped the tags with the Grid Background Stamp, using a light ink. That way it won’t interfere with any writing that will be added. The grid adds interest while offering some straight lines to write on. I used a black pen to frame the stamping, then I inked around the tag with Black Soot Distress ink. I added the reinforcements. Finally, I looped a piece of cream coloured seam binding through the hole at the top of the tag.

For the front cover, I adhered the piece of black cardstock to the back. I inked around the edges with Black Soot Distress ink. I stamped the Fill Your Page sentiment in place with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I cut the Flourished Oval Frame out of black cardstock, and fit it in place around the sentiment.


Finally, I cut the hanging heart from the Calligraphic Elements 3 set out of black cardstock. I didn’t want a black heart, so I cut a second one out of red cardstock. I trimmed out just the heart, and adhered it in place on the black cut. I added that to the cover.



Then all that was left to do was decorate the pages. I did this using more of the die-cut elements. 




The Library Pocket Tag Book included several butterflies. I have added these to the tags and the pockets. I also added some more of the Oval Frames, cut from the designer paper, to the inside covers. 


This offers a place to write something with a white marker or gel pen. Please refer to the photos to see how I decorated it all.



This was a really fun project to put together, and I’m really looking forward to filling it up with the “…breathings of my heart.”
Thanks very much for stopping by today! I’ve enjoyed sharing my project with you!
Nancy :o)
Library Pocket Tag Book



Quietfire Designs Products Used:













Other Products Used:
Prima Finnabair Vintage Vanity Collection;
Cardstock: Black, Manila, Scrap of Red;
  Distress Inks: Black Soot, Antique Linen,
Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black;
Tim Holtz Mini Book Rings – 2;
Black Micron Pigma Pen;
Seam Binding - Cream




3 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

This is wonderful, Nancy!!!! And I really love the way you paired the quote and flourished die cut oval on the cover, the angle you put it together, very cool!!!!

Nancy said...

Thank you so much, Wanda! :o)

Susan M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...