Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Christmas cards with new stamps using one layout


Are you loving the new Christmas stamps by Suzanne?  It's just so classy and perfect!  I quickly realized that any of them would work with a favorite holiday layout and so I wanted to show you a couple of them with the same layout - just different colors for a different look.



My first card using the simple wreath from Rosebud Wreath & Elements die set in green.  The background is a snowy blue background against a white snowbank with snowy evergreen silhouettes.  I stamped the new May the holiday spirit stamp in black Versafine ink and then diecut it out with a stitched circle die.  The circle die was slightly smaller than the wreath and so some of the blue sky showed through.


For my second card, I did the same layout but instead of using a stitched circle die, I used the same wreath die to give it an inlay look.  I also changed the background to a night time sky and streaked the black card stock with oxide inks - need to get better at that to make it a more recognizable Aurora Borealis.  The wreath was diecut out of silver mirror cardstock.


Notice anything else different? The snowbank is in front of the stamped circle instead of behind.  This was because the scrap of mirror card stock  I had was not big enough to cut the whole wreath!  Lol!  Who else has a collection of scraps and find moments of justification like this to keep on to those pieces?





May Peace be your Gift, Set of 2 - Mounted

May the Holiday Spirit, Set of 2 - Mounted

Rosebud Wreath & Elements - Metal Cutting Dies









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...