Thursday, September 26, 2019

Something Wicked Halloween Card

Halloween Card / Quietfire Design Grid background / Quietfire Design Something Wicked stamp set/ card design by Kim Gowdy

Good Morning! Kim here with my first Halloween card on the Quietfire Creations blog! Now that autumn is officially here, it is NOT too early to share. Being an October ‘baby’, I have a special love of the season and am always drawn into autumn and Halloween stamps, papers & colours...they call my name while I sleep!

I started my card by stamping the Grid stamp to the lower 2/3 of my cardstock. It has a somewhat distressed look to it as I blotted off some ink with a baby wipe before placing on my paper. I punched out a circle from a Post-it note, and placed it where I wanted my moon to be. (if you leave the sticky part of Post-it note as part of your punched circle you do not required temporary adhesive)

Halloween Card / Quietfire Design Grid background / Quietfire Design Something Wicked stamp set/ card design by Kim Gowdy


Using multiple colours of Distress Oxide inks I layered up my inks to create the evening sky. Once I was happy with the sky, I removed the Post-it note mask and inked up my moon with the yellow. At this point I am not concerned with my yellow ink extending into the sky.



Halloween Card / Quietfire Design Grid background / Quietfire Design Something Wicked stamp set/ card design by Kim Gowdy


I inked up my stamps using Clearsnap Top Boss; any clear embossing ink will work, and sprinkled some Modern Gilding Powder in Gothic Black over top and heat set. It’s always a good idea to remove static from your card before embossing so the powder sticks only to the stamped image. I use an Embossing Buddy that I have had for years, but there are other options such as a Swiffer pad or Fleecy sheet that are supposed to work as well!

Halloween Card / Modern Gilding Powder - Gothic Black / Quietfire Design Grid background / Quietfire Design Something Wicked stamp set/ card design by Kim Gowdy


If you have not heard about Quietfire design’s Modern Gilding Powders...check them out! They are amazing, fine powders ready to add shine, dimension and interest to your die cuts and stamped images. There are six amazing colours and they are wonderful!

Halloween Card / Modern Gilding Powders / Quietfire Design Grid background / Quietfire Design Something Wicked stamp set/ card design by Kim Gowdy


I finished up my card by adding some ribbon, sequin stars and of course a card base. I also added a quick dot of yellow to the eyes using my Dylusions paint pen. Now to decide which ghoul to send it to!

Halloween Card / Quietfire Design Grid background / Quietfire Design Something Wicked stamp set/ Modern Gilding Powders / card design by Kim Gowdy


Supply List:

Quietfire Design: Grid Background stamp
Quietfire Design: Something Wicked stamp set
Quietfire Design: Gothic Black - Modern Gilding Powder


Ranger Industry: Distress Inks + Dylusions Paint Pen [to pop the cat eyes] Clearsnap: Top Boss
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
SpiegleMom sequins


Thanks for checking out my card! Looking forward to seeing how you use these fun products! Share them on the Suzanne Cannon Fan Group on Facebook!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...