Thursday, November 21, 2019

There is always something to be thankful for

I can't let Thanksgiving pass without using this particular stamp from the Quietfire Design Give Thanks set.  It's one of my favorites and perfect for any time of the year really, but an especially appropriate now.



I recently received the Cherry Blosson Branch and Symbol Background dies by Elizabeth Craft Design so I had to work them into the card somehow.  After die cutting the Cherry Blossom die out of white card stock and the Symbol out of black card stock, I colored the flowers and leaves with Copic Markers.  I used a colored pencil to add some lines to the flowers for details.  The Symbol dies was trimmed so that the circle became 4 corner pieces as shown above.



I stamped the "There is always something to be thankful for" with black pigment ink and then added the Modern Gilding powder Gothic black on top of it.  Using black ink and black powder makes it a little harder to see where you've melted the powder but I love how crisp and defined it makes the image.

I then added some Nuvo drops to the center of the flowers to finish the card.

Give Thanks, Set of 2 Stamps - Mounted


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...