Monday, July 6, 2020

Where Flowers Bloom, All Occasion Card.


Hello Quietfire Design fans! Kim here with a card share for you, but FIRST...have you had a chance to check out the new website? Isn’t it lovely? You’ll notice there is no longer a shop or shopping cart...but no worries! Suzanne’s fabulous designs will be show cased here and available from Elizabeth Craft Designs, Emerald Creek Craft Supplies and the Silhouette Store! 


Let’s get started!


My card was made using the Where Flowers Bloom Collection. I hope to share a couple of techniques to ‘push’ your stamps. I am also working with an old Elizabeth Craft Designs’ sticker sheet from my stash!




The first layer of my card uses the stickers as well as elements from the stamp collection, which I embossed using the Modern Gilding Powders in Armenian Pink and Celtic Mint. They are lovely, soft colours that play well with the silver flowers and add some extra interest.



Next,  I prepared a tag using a quote from the stamp collection, embossed with Gothic Black Gilding Powder. These Gilding Powders are perfect for embossing fine details, with end results that are consistently sharp! Gothic Black has quickly become my favourite black embossing powder ❤️.



Next I added some interest to the tag by randomly stamping the dotted flower head around the edges and embossing with Armenian Pink Gilding Powder. It’s a fabulous way to make the stamp do double duty and ties into the colour from the background. I LOVE how it turned out!



Once I had my card base cut and scored, I decided to add some embossing to the edges as well. This made a custom card base to co-ordinate with the card front. Sometimes it’s those little details that take a project to the next level.



I popped my tag onto the base using foam adhesive and added a bit of ribbon from my stash! Voila! A ‘many’ occasion card ready for giving!





...and BTW, I honestly live by this quote. I bring flowers in to my home year round, it’s so good for the soul!


Happy paper crafting!


~kim


Supplies:


Where Flowers Bloom Collection - available from Elizabeth Craft Designs

Modern Gilding Powders: Armenian Pink, Celtic int & Gothic Black

        -available from Emerald Creek Crafting Supplies


Elizabeth Craft Supplies: Peel-Off Stickers 

Ranger Industries Emboss It Grey & Embossing Dauber

Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L: tape runner and foam squares

1 comment:

Janice said...

Oh my goodness, it's so pretty. I never thought to emboss around the edges of the base card, such a great look

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...