Monday, July 13, 2020

Soar Collection


Hello Quietfire fans!  Betsy here on the blog today sharing a card I made with the

available at:

This is a wonderful collection to create with!  Lots of possibilities!
This is what I used for my card today:



First, I prepared my base of pale yellow card stock.  I cut it to 6" x 6 1/4"
and scored it at 3".  I cut my patterned paper to 2 3/4" x 6".
I stamped my images with a black hybrid ink and then heat embossed
them with the Gothic Black Modern Gilding Powders.  Despite my best
efforts with the anti-static powder bag, it was a hot and muggy day so
I did get stray  dots of the embossing powder.  ðŸ˜’


I decided to color my images with Copic markers to make the butterflies more
noticeable.  The colors I used:

Blues:  B00, B32, B23
Pinks:  RV000, R81, R85
Yellows:  Y11, Y02, Y15


I kept the shading to the centers and I was very careful not to let my markers
make contact with the melted embossing powder.  At this point I adhered my
panel to the card base. I felt it needed a bit of shimmer and shine so I first made
little butterfly bodies with light green glitter drops.  I also added just the tiniest
dots I could possibly make randomly over the background.  This really
made the black embossing powders dots seem not to stand out so much.
As a final embellishment I added some tiny clear iridescent butterflies.
And that finished my project!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!  Suzanne's work is always
such a job to create with!

Betsy

Don't forget:





2 comments:

Dawn S. said...

Beautiful card! I love the butterfly bling and how you added the dots all over the background to camouflage the stray embossing powder. I must remember this the next time this happens to me!

Janice said...

Thanks for the tip on stray embossing powder, love that. The finished card is sweet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...