Friday, October 10, 2014

Wine is bottled poetry....


Hello everyone,
Yvonne here with a bottle label using the ever so gorgeous new Quietfire "Wine is Sunlight" stamps (#6463).
I do like a good glass of wine and when going to visit friends I like to gift a bottle.
Plain giftwrapping is a bit boring (everyone can predict what's inside the paper) so I like to add handmade labels to the bottles I gift.
These labels are really easy and fun to make.


Simply cut a rectangle piece of paper and die-cut a circle on one end (if the hole is too big, simply mat with a smaller die-cut circle on the back of the label)
Then fold the label.
For this label I also chose to emboss it: put the to be embossed part between the embossing folder and run through your machine.
Then start dresing up your label anyway you like.

 
For this label I stamped the "Wine is bottled Poetry" onto white cardstock and then die-cut/embossed/stencilled a circle.


Glue some ruffled, aged old paper behind the circle.
Cut a banner and ink the edges.
Die-cut/emboss/paint a grey ornament. Glue the banner to the back of  the grey ornament.
Use foam squares to stack all layers.


Used materials:
- Quietfire Wine is Sunlight (#6463) stamps
- Spellbinders Standard Circles Small (S4-116), M-Bossabilities Garden Lattice (EG-003), Majestic Circles (S4-409)
- Black Archival ink
- Distress inkpad Brushed Corderoy and an Ink blending tool
- white, cream and grey cardstock
- some old book pages, mulberry flowers and leaves, some lace, self-adhesive Pearls, satin bow
- glue, scissors and 3D foam squares.


I hope you like the idea and am looking forward (as always!) to your comments.

Have a nice day and 'till next time,
Yvonne

7 comments:

Felicia said...

Yvonne, I love this idea! What a creative thing to do! You are right about the wrapping and everyone knowing what it is...so what a lovely solution! Thank you for sharing this very creative idea! Blessings!

Yogi said...

beautiful. Have a great day

Judy said...

Very pretty, anyone would be delighted to receive this gift. Thanks for sharing.

Quietfire said...

Wow, if I got a bottle of wine like that, I'd forget the bottle and love the label forever! Gorgeous!!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Oh my word...it is beautiful! I agree with Suzanne...I would forget the wine and treasure the label! :)

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful :)

Mickey Drake

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

So pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...