Monday, September 28, 2020

Hope

Hi, Diana here with a card made specifically to lift up someone during these times.   It's been a looonng 2020 and I think we could all use a reminder to keep some hope going.  I also just got the new flower dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs so had a lot of fun trying those out.  




For this card, the only paper I used was white card stock.  All colors were added using either Distress Inks or watercolor.  I die cut the Hope four times and sponged one of the layers with Worn Lipstick very lightly and then Cracked Pistachio from the bottom.  I adhered all the plain white layers together and added the sponged lightly underneath slightly off.  It made the Hope die pop just a wee bit but kept it still very subtle.



I used the same colors for the 5 petal flower and sponged from the center to the outside.  I did not try to cover the petal all the way to the edges - I really like that bit of white left.  The little hydrangea blooms got sponged on just the edges with a light hand using Broken China and Wilted Violet.  I had die cut a bunch of leaves from both watercolor and white card stock when I first got the dies and just picked a few from my stash.  



For the background, I sponged the same pink and green on the rectangle base and then switched the corners for the smaller rounded base.  I then adhered everything as seen.  As a final fix, I added a little yellow flower and white enamel dots in the center of the blooms.



Thank you so much for looking!


Supplies


 


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...