Sunday, September 6, 2020

With Every Leave a Miracle...Card using Leaves Stamp Set and Gilding Powder


The signs are everywhere, especially in Alberta where the days are shorter, cooler and the leaves are already starting to change, fall is just around the corner. There is not much I do not LOVE about fall, it’s no coincidence I was drawn to Quietfire Design’s Leaves stamp set, now available through Emerald Creek Craft Supplies.


My friend Kerry and I will be hosting a Botanical Gel Plate Printing demo for the Great Canadian VIRTUAL Scrapbook Carnival. I used one of the prints I created while prepping for the demo. I scanned this print to my computer so I can use it over and over. I really loved how it turned out and the colours are so yummy!



I brushed a bit of Perfect Project on my paper, it helps embossing powder to stick ONLY where I have ink. Using the maple leaf stamp and Ranger’s Emboss It ink, I randomly stamped my base paper. I embossed the leaves with my Copper Scroll Gilding Powder ~ this always makes me happy!



I wrapped and tied a lovely piece of ribbon to my card. This ribbon is hand dyed in small batches by my bestie Kerry Engel [ www.engelbelle.com ]. 



A piece of copper twine adds some extra texture and plays so well with the
Copper Scroll Gilding Powder.



I stamped my
sentiment from the same collection onto a piece of Duralar and layered it over a piece of vellum cut to the same size. It is attached with the copper twine.



I hope this simple card inspires you to pull out some fall themed stamps or maybe add some new ones to your stash! 


CHEERS to sweater weather!


SUPPLIES:


Quietfire Design Leaves stamp set

Quietfire Design Copper Scroll Gilding Powder


Ranger's Emboss It ink

gel plate printed base paper

hand dyed ribbon by Kerry Engel

unknown copper twine

4 comments:

Jean said...

Such a beautiful card!

kdgowdy said...

Thank you Jean!

Jutta said...

I love this card, the colours are fantastic. I'm inspired to dye my own ribbon and gel print some leaves after seeing this. Looking forward to seeing your presentation at the Carnival. :)

kdgowdy said...

Jutta! It should be so fun! Quietfire Design has so many lovely quotes to pair beautifully with gel prints!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...