Thursday, September 15, 2016

Noel Wreath

Are you ready for some Christmas cards? Every year I struggle with sending photocards or handmade cards.  This year will be a combination of both!  So here is a first of many.

I broke out the color bursts for this card.  It's a very fast way to get water color backgrounds as well  as your own designer sheets to use for die cuts.  Here I used the  Evergreen Wreath and Small Poinsettias by Elizabeth Craft Designs for my floral elements.  I love the effect of the color bursts because the ensuing patterns are natural and unexpected.


The Noel by Quiefire Design was cut from silver foil and then backed with the same gray cardstock that I used for the card base.  I used silver microbeads for the center of the poinsettias.  As I was waiting for the glue to dry, I found that I really liked the extra beads on the base layer so I glued those on too!











Noel - Metal Cutting Die







1 comment:

Yogi said...

Beautiful. Love the off the edge of the wreath. Nice touch. Have a great day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...