Monday, July 1, 2019

Live like someone left the gate open

... but please don't actually leave the gate open!  My Shadow would run out and not know the way home!  But he is super happy chasing rabbits and squirrels which we do not want inside our own fenced yard.


It makes a really cute card though!  I picked up this Arbor die by Rubbernecker at the Scrapbook Expo and knew it would go perfectly with this stamp from Quietfire Design.  I sponged the sky and added the arbor - die-cutting the gate a couple of extra times to be used as the fence.





I layered up some grass dies by Impression Obsession and added tiny flowers (the stamens the Bougainvillea die by Elizabeth Craft Designs).  By arranging the flowers in a different patterns in different colors, I got the look of different flowers even though they are the same die.


Another find from the Expo were these two dogs from Art Impressions Dog House Cubbies.  I think that hound is actually laying down but I made him jumping with joy to go with the sentiment stamped about the garden scene.  


 I did not glue the gate down but used the latches as a hinge for the gate so it would open and close.  (My kids say it looks like the gate is closing on the door but I say he's busting out. In-house critics are the worst!)




Live Like Someone Left the Gate Open, Set of 2 - Mounted




Challenge I am playing in:


1 comment:

Nancy said...

What a wonderful scene card, Diana! That stamp is fantastic, and you showed it off beautifully! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...