Monday, August 3, 2020

Gilded Shoot for the Moon Card

Soar collection / Flourished Christmas Minis 2 / Forever Platinum Gilding Powder / Kim Gowdy

Happy August! Kim here on the blog today with a quick share. Sorry I do not have a step by step photo view, as I had more to-dos than weekend available! 


My card was actually quite simple to put together!


1] Cut a 5x10” sheet of cardstock, fold in half for your card base.


2] I cut a 4.5” square of Ranger ~ Dina Wakley Media Collage Collective paper. Within that        square I cut a circle, set aside.


3] I added Elizabeth Craft Designs double seeded adhesive to both sides of a scrap of cardstock and cut out the star from the Flourished Christmas Minis 2 set.


4] Use the patterned paper as a guide to place your star and set aside one ever agin. Before revealing the adhesive on the top side of the star, wipe your card with a dryer sheet to remove static for the next step.

5] Now remove the protective backing on the star, revealing the adhesive and sprinkle with Modern Gilding Powder ~ Forever Platinum, use heat gun to set.


Soar collection / Flourished Christmas Minis 2 / Forever Platinum Gilding Powder / Kim Gowdy



6] Adhere the patterned paper now,  I had some little gold, sequin stars that I glued down for extra interest and texture.


7] Using a stamp positioner, I stamped my sentiment on a piece of 5x5” Duralar film, using the card underneath as a guide to position. I used StazOn ink for it’s permanency and quick dry time.


Soar collection / Flourished Christmas Minis 2 / Forever Platinum Gilding Powder / Kim Gowdy


8] I used four mini Glue Dots at the edges to secure the Duralar down and had four small blue stars that were perfect for hiding the the dots of adhesives!


Soar collection / Flourished Christmas Minis 2 / Forever Platinum Gilding Powder / Kim Gowdy


Hope this month offers up some crafting time. August CHEERS to you! 


Supplies:


Quietfire Design ~ Soar Collection

Quietfire Design ~ A Way With Words, Flourished Christmas Minis 2

Quietfire Design ~ Modern Gilding Powder, Forever Platinum


Elizabeth Craft Designs double sided adhesive

Glue Dots - micro

Ranger’s Dina Wakley Media Collage Collective

Duralar film

StazOn Ink

Unknown star sequins

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...