Monday, November 2, 2020

Step by step tutorial: Vintage Christmas card using Modern Gilding Powders

 

Hello Crafty Friends!

Are you a member of the Suzanne Cannon Fan Group on Facebook?  Every Sunday it is Show Me Sunday and this past Sunday I gave a sneak peek of this vintage holiday card.  It is easy to make and the results are stunning.  

The card features the lovely stamp: Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

The beautiful rubber stamp is available at Emerald Creek Craft Supplies.  Of course, Suzanne's gorgeous Modern Gilding Powders are available at Emerald Creek.  (They are also available at Simon Says Stamp.)  Today's card uses the yummy Celtic Mint Modern Gilding Powder.

Now, before we start the instructions, I wanted to tell you some exciting news: I have a new camera!  I took photos while I created the card...but my craft room is a little dark.  I do hope that you pardon my photos as I am still learning how to use my camera and I obviously work in a cave.  LOL.

Instructions:

1-  Use a watermark ink (such as Versamark) with stamp onto white card stock.  Heat emboss using Celtic Mint Gilding Powder.


2-  Pick out an oval die.  (I chose an ornate oval die.)  First die cut the stamped image, keep the die cut in the die and then dry emboss.  Leave the die cut in the die and apply a light vintage tan along the edges as shown.
3-  Die cut white card stock from a slightly larger oval die.  Apply watermark ink along edges and heat emboss using Celtic Mint.
4-  Next, pick some snowflakes from other Suzanne Cannon stamp sets (she has so many pretty snowflakes to choose from!).  Cut a piece of white card stock that will be matted onto your card base.  (my card base is 4.25 x 5.5 so I cut a piece of card stock to 4 x 5.25)  Use watermark ink and randomly stamp snowflakes along the outer edge.  Heat emboss using Celtic Mint.
5-  Apply the same vintage light tan ink along edges.
6-  Mount snowflake mat and then the larger oval onto the card base using double sided adhesive tape.
7-  Apply foam tape to the back of the stamped die cut and apply to card base.
8-  Adhere bow (I used hot glue) to top of card.  For extra detail, add either Glitter Drops, gems, or pearls to the rounds on the Christmas tree.

The vintage holiday card is complete!  I adore the soft Celtic Mint color and how easily it can be used to create a vintage style card.

I do hope you enjoyed the card!  Please feel free to share your take on this card on the Suzanne Cannon Fan Group!

Have a happy, crafty day.
Big Hugs,
Kathy Jo





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...