Monday, September 22, 2014

...Always be my friend....




Hello everyone,
Yvonne here with another card using the brandnew Quietfire stamps.
I love adding a a sentiment to my projects and these new stampsets are...well...simply GREAT!

Today I'm sharing with you all a notebook I made using the Quietfire "Always be my friend" (SKU5615) stampset.
Don't tell Suzanne Cannon, but I'm going to send it to her as a little gift ;-)


The base is a simple black A5 size notebook I bought at a dollar store.
These are always great to give them a scrap-stamp-make-over.

I love distressing the edges of my cardstock and find the Tim Holtz paper distresser a great tool to get that torn effect.
First I glued a layer of distressed kraft cardstock upon the notebook.
Then a clean cut white layer.
And the third layer is distressed + inked.

For the label I used Spellbinders templates:
- S4-424 Gold Labels 34
- S4-416 Labels 34


To make the sentiment label:
  1. Cut Labels 34 #6 (with #1 being the smallest die-template) from red cardstock
  2. Layer Labels 34 #6 and Gold Labels 34 #6 and cut + emboss from white cardstock.
  3. Leave the templates on the cardstock and stencil the label using an Ink blending tool and a Distress inkpad color Brushed Corderoy. Tip: use some removable tape to keep the template in place during cutting.
  4. Glue upon the red label.
  5. Stamp the sentiment onto white cardstock.
  6. Position Labels 34 #4  over the stamped sentiment and cut + emboss + stencil.
  7. Glue the sentiment label upon the larger label using foam tape for an extra dimensional effect.

The notebook was finished using lots of mulberry flowers, leaves, stamens and...a large bow.

I hope you have enjoeyd my project an I'm looking forward to your comments.

Hugs,
Yvonne

9 comments:

Heather said...

That is very elegant. Love!

Yogi said...

gorgeous. love how you put it together. Have a great day

Holly said...

Beautiful Yvonne- great design and vibrant colours- love it.

Judy said...

Such a beautiful card and the colors and sentiments are super. Thanks for sharing how you put it together.

Shirley said...

This card could easily be a Happy Valentine's day card. It' beautiful!

Dorina D said...

Nice cover work. Love the distressed edges, but the color combination is elegant. Nice Work.

Froggietalks said...

This is absolutely stunning!

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Beautiful!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Yvonne! This is BEAUTIFUL! Swoooon...

Suzanne will love it, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...