Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Give Thanks!

Good morning!  Sherry here today and I have an altered frame to share using the new Quietfire Design set, Give Thanks.  I debated on whether to make a card or alter a craft frame, and I settled on the frame.

GiveThanksFrame2

I began by using a Dreamweaver stencil of a flourish and added Crackle Embossing Paste to the front of the frame.  Once the paste was dry, the frame was painted black.    To highlight the embossing paste, a bronze metal paint was brushed over the black paint.

GiveThanksFrameCloseUPBottom

The Quietfire Design sentiment was stamped on a cream card stock and then die cut/embossed with Spellbinders Labels One.

GiveThanksFrameCloseUP

I think I’ll set this frame out for the fall holidays and then sentiment can be changed for the seasons.

GiveThanksFrame

Thanks for stopping by and joining me today!

SHERRY SIGNATURE






Project Supplies:



9 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

This is just gorgeous Sherry! I love what you did with the frame!

Tammy P. said...

Just beautiful! I love the metallic paint highlighting that gorgeous embossed flourish.

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Stuning project! Great idea to change out the sentiment according to time of year, holidays, etc!

Yogi said...

pretty. Have a great day

Janet L. said...

Terrific project. I love the bronze on the black texture!

Holly said...

Just beautiful Sherry! Love the black and bronze, and that you can change out the sentiment. Brilliant!

barbara macaskill said...

This is absolutely stunning! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Wauw, the frame looks lovely! Love how it underlines the text, how it emphasizes the quote.
Debbie / Daqa

Froggietalks said...

This is lovely :) question.. do you really see the crackle of the embossing paste with all the paint over it? I was thinking of using regular embossing paste, painting, then using a Distress crackle paint on it. I hope that it works.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...