Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Walnut Hollow & Quietfire Design Blog Hop - Give Thanks


Hello!  My name is Kathy Jo and welcome to day 2 of the Walnut Hollow and Quietfire 2014 Blog Hop!   We’re pleased you’re joining us and know you’ll find lots of creative inspiration for combining Quietfire stamps on the beautiful Walnut Hollow wood products.

For my project, I used Walnut Hollow's card box, item 1704OP
Card Box
and Quietfire's newly released stamp set Give Thanks
Give Thanks, Set of 2 Stamps - Mounted
The box is planned to be a Christmas gift and will contain Thank You cards for the recipient.  
First, the box was painted antique white.  Graphic 45's Birdsong paper was cut to size and applied to the box lid.  The base of the box was covered with faux black leather card stock.  Ivory lace was applied along the edge of the lid and a key hole embellishment was applied to the front.
Birdsong paper was die cut using Spellbinders' Elegant Ovals.  The gorgeous Give Thanks was heat embossed in gold on vellum and then die cut using Spellbinders' Floral Ovals.  Green Graphic 45 paper was die cut using Spellbinders' Foliage Flourish and was glued around the edge of the vellum.  Coordinating flowers, an antique key embellishment, mini gold ribbon and butterflies were also adhered as shown.  Stickles was applied to the butterflies as the final touch.
Here is another look at the finished box:
I just love this box!  The sentiment is so beautiful and the lovely box with the curved lid edge just begs the recipient to open it!

Would you like to win newly released Quietfire stamps and Walnut Hollow product?  How about the prize pack below?

Very awesome prize pack!  To be eligible for our grand prize, your work is simple:  Please leave a comment on each of our blog posts, nine here on the Quietfire Creations blog and five on the Walnut Hollow blog hop posts here: http://walnuthollowcrafts.wordpress.com/   So that will be 14 comments in total on two different blogs from September 29, 2014 to October 3, 2014!  The winner must be a resident of North America. 

Here are the links to the other posts today to make sure you did not miss anyone:



We will draw the prize on Monday October 6th, 2014 and the winner will be announced shortly after in a separate blog post. We look forward to seeing your comments!  Tell your friends!

Have a great day and good luck!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

51 comments:

Dawn S. said...

What a great idea to make a box with thank you cards in it! Thanks for the inspiration.

Heather said...

That is just beautiful, I love the gift idea! my daughter and I make cards for everyone for Christmas, this would be awesome.

jcobb said...

Beautiful! I did a double-take before reading the instructions because the background of the stamp looked mirrored! The stamp on the vellum is the perfect touch!

nattyboots said...

just beautiful , well done x

Art By Wanda said...

Kathy Jo, your box is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful box. the embellishing is wonderful. the flowers are so pretty.
I'd be thrilled to have something like this to display in my home.
thanks for sharing.

Walnut Hollow said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the gold embossing for the lovely sentiment.

Fran O. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fran O. said...

Wow, the box is beautiful! Love all of the embellishments.

Janis said...

This is wonderful!! I agree that the sentiment just begs for the recipient to open up the box....very creative use of this lovely stamp. Love the lace touches!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

barbara macaskill said...

Oh my! This is absolutely out of this world amazing!!!! LOVE all the little details and I can guarantee that he recipient is going to be more than happy with it!!! I know I would be over the moon to receive this!! TFS!

Viki Banaszak said...

This is gorgeous! I think it would make a lovely keepsake gift.

Saundra A. said...

Love this box and what you have done with it. It would make a very nice gift and Thank you notes come in handy for those of us that still send them. I wish I had a die cutting machine.

Yogi said...

what a great job on decorating the box. love the colors. Beautiful. Have a great day

Roseanna C said...

Love the box!!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Linda T said...

What an adorable card box. It's just so beautiful. How I would so love to try and make something like this for myself. I just love the colors and the flowers and what a great saying. Lovely

nancy carroll said...

Oh, this is so gorgeous! Love the inspiration!

JPScraps said...

Gorgeous! Love the embossed sentiment.

Robyn said...

How do I get on your gift list?? I love all the colors and textures!

Unknown said...

WOW! You are so creative.

Evelyn said...

This is the second box I've seen. They keep getting better & better. I like the added key to the lid. A beautiful box!

trisha too said...

So bright and beautiful--how could anyone resist a peek inside???

:)

Sandy said...

That...is... beautiful! I sure wish I had the vision to take a plain wooden box and turn it into a piece of artwork like that. I love it!

Kathy Eddy said...

This is just stunning! You did a fabulous job on it.

Dorina D said...

Stunning and gorgeous. WOW! beautiful work with fabulous layers and colors. What a great piece of art that is useable. Nice work.

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Awesome! Love all the colors!

Beach Girl 115 said...

wow, the decorated top of your box is just amazing! Those flowers are incredible.

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Love the flowers you used to decorate the box with!

Sue D said...

Beautifully embellished box--I like the key.

Felicia said...

I am a collector of boxes and this is just beautiful! Love it! :)

Yvonne said...

Love love love this box! Wow....

Mary Decker said...

I had to leave work due to health issues. My boss was very kind to me. I'd love to make a designed box for her with cards in it as a way to begin to thank her! Thank you for the instructions! Great box!!

Unknown said...

Oh my this box reminds of Ireland! So magical!

C. M. Taylor said...

I love the incorporation of the vellum into your box design. It adds a very muted but soft effect to the overall design. Job well done!

Jackie said...

This is gorgeous! I am thinking of making one and and lining it with some velvet for a lovely jewelry box.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

You did a fantastic job!!

Nancy said...

Kathy Jo, the box is so amazing! You went above and beyond in decorating this awesome looking box! I wish I had your creativity!

Pat said...

Great way to decorate the box. Love the quote you used.

Unknown said...

Amazing card box, loved the green colour!

LeeBeth said...

Your box would be a great gift for anyone, as items other than cards can be put in it and your design does not "label" it as a card box.

Anonymous said...

Kathy Jo, your little box is so very elegant!! I surely wouldn't mind such a beautiful gift, for sure.

Christina said...

Who wouldn't love to receive this gift!!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to encourage maybe a grandchild to be grateful at Christmas, by sending out thank you notes afterward! I love the sentiment from Quietfire, and your decorating is pretty sweet too! :)

Mickey Drake ( drakemickey@yahoo.ca )

Sheila said...

Such a rich looking box!

Froggietalks said...

Are you sure this isn't a prize??? I want this!!!

Ann said...

Just love these walnut hollow boxes! Wow what you guys are doing with them is fabulous.
Mstgane
Ann

Anonymous said...

Great idea to give box with thank you cards inside! follower from Tamworth

Teri's Alter Ego said...

How can I get on your Christmas gift list! Just a beautiful addition to one's desk and always at the ready when you want to send a "Thank You" card!

Colleen said...

Very pretty, love this box

Unknown said...

Beautiful Kathy Jo! Love it and I am sure the recipient will too!

McStamper said...

Love your beautiful project.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...