Monday, September 15, 2014

GIVE THANKS- CARD

Hi Everyone! This is Holly and I'm excited to be showing you this card featuring GIVE THANKS- one of the new stamp sets at Quietfire Design.
On kraft cardstock I stamped the sentiment using VERSAMARK ink, then applied the COPPER EMBOSSING POWDER. Then it was cut into a simple rectangle, and sponged around the edges with Black Soot DISTRESS INK

I made two embellishments with the PAPER CORD, forming three loops and fastening at the base of the loops. The ends were tucked under the edge of the sentiment kraft cardstock. Some leaves were attached over the loops- they had been stamped then copper and metallic green paints were dabbed on. A few dots of paint added to the sentiment piece to complete the card,

Fall is heading our way and we love it! The colours are so rich and warm. A true feast for the senses and one more thing to be grateful for.

We're grateful for you too. Thank you for your visit today!



14 comments:

CraftyJo said...

So lovely :) The leaves are beautiful in those colours - just like I'm seeing through my windows right now....and all over the lawns already! :(

jcobb said...

I really, really love this stamp! And the copper embossing! The green and copper on the leaves is beautiful.

Robyn said...

Love the copper. Beautiful cRd and just the jump start I've been needing. Thanks Holly!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

What a lovely card, Holly. The copper looks beautiful and I really like the distressed edges.

Yogi said...

very nice. nice fall colors. have a great day

Judy said...

Very lovely card. Great design and fall colors along with that wonderful sentiment. Thanks for sharing.

Dorina D said...

Gorgeous and delightful. Beautiful work.

Froggietalks said...

Lovely card. I must ask though, is the wood grain background actual embossed cardstock that is purchased, or was it embossed with an embossing folder? If it's an embossing folder, I think I need it :)

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Beautiful card! The sentiment is so sweet and I love the edging as well as the leaves. Fantastic!

Unknown said...

Precious and fantastic is what I think of when I see anything from Quietfire Creations. Every time I think you could not come up with anything more creative or beautiful you do. Keep up the great creations

barbara macaskill said...

What an elegant card! LOVE the rich colors and the embossing!! TFS!

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Quietfire said...

Wow, that copper and blue are gorgeous! Just lovely!

Anonymous said...

Love this card Holly! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...