Monday, November 24, 2014

eCut Cardinal - Christmas Waves a Magic Wand


Yogi here today with an eCut card. As soon as I saw this eCut file, I knew I had to use it. Love all the elements in it...

Side folded my white cardstock (7"w x 5"h). Since I'm using an 8.5 x 11" piece of cardstock, I had to splice another piece to the inside... (which I did after doing the stamping and coloring).

I ungrouped the elements in the Studio file, cut them, adding a few more sprigs of pine and also cutting a shadow layer for the sentiment (offset function). Colored the branches while on the mat using Distress mini pads "Forest Moss" and then some "Crushed Olive".

For the Cardinal, applied various Distress reds direct to paper, then a bit of sponging. Glued the elements together.

Applied Versafine "Toffee" to the word and embossed with "Queen's Gold" embossing  powder. Sponged "Worn Lipstick" to the shadow layer, then ran through my embossing machine with Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots", hit the high points with "Aged Mahogany", Adhered both layers together.

 On the front of the card, used a Memory Box "Snowflake Flurries" stencil which I lightly sprayed with Krylon "Easy Tac" (to keep my stencil in place) and sponged "Tumbled Glass". Moved the stencil as needed.

Adhered my eCut elements, over and under lapping. Masked off the top and bottom of the quote (Christmas Waves a Magic...) with masking tape and inked with Versafine Black Onyx, removed masking and stamped.

Added dots of Marvy "Puffy Velvet" white and heat activated to mimic snow.

As a final touch, put lines of Quickie Glue on the stenciled snowflakes and sprinkled with Stickles "Star Dust" glitter.

On the inside stamped the pine boughs (Old Island Rubber) using the Moss & Olive, misting with water and stamping. Repeated for the 2nd bough. Then stamped the bottom of the quote, masking the top section and using the black.


11 comments:

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Beautiful!

TracyM #6773 said...

BEAUTIFUL, inside & out!!!

Anne said...

Stunning! What a gift!

Robyn said...

Love how you got this all together with the background without it being too fussy- and the split quote!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Yogi- this card captures the natural beauty of Christmas. I adore the colors, the textures, the layout and how you split the sentiment.
Phenomenal project!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Yogi! Love this sentiment & the split use of it. Great design.

Holly said...

A lovely wintery card Yogi, and love all your clever design details.

Jutta said...

Beautiful card Yogi.

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! Now that cut file is on my wish list - I have almost everything that Suzanne designs - now I just need to get Santa (or someone) to buy me some more of her stamps!! :)

Ms Linda said...

Beautiful card

Art By Wanda said...

Love this, Yogi!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...