Wednesday, November 5, 2014

If I Had A Star - Guest Designer Diana Nguyen

Hi, I'm Diana and I am so excited to be a guest designer for Quietfire.

Quietfire Designs, Diana Nguyen, stars

I started stamping a little over 3 years ago and I think papercrafting is going to go from "hobby" (which I collect apparently) to "addiction."  One of those other hobbies I have is calligraphy so you can imagine my joy upon discovering Quietfire stamps.  I just love Suzanne's elegant style!  It makes creating a dream!

If I Had a Star


This card was incredibly fun to make.  I think it might be my favorite yet.  As soon as I read this sentiment, I knew I wanted a starry night background.  I sponged different distress inks (Salty Ocean, Broken China, Seedless Preserves, and Dusty Concord) and then splattered it with water that I had mixed in some Perfect Pearls.

Quietfire Designs, Diana Nguyen, stars

For my stars, I covered my card stock with glitter tape before die-cutting and used the same glitter tape to make a mat for my starry night layer.  I embossed my sentiment in white on vellum and strategically placed those stars so I could hide my foam tape to adhere my vellum.

Thank you so much for looking!

{You may find more of Diana's artwork on her blog Yours Truly by Diana!  We're delighted to have changed Diana's status from Guest Designer to full fledged member of the Quietfire Design Team.  Welcome Diana!}

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a favorite stamp of mine and your design makes it even more so!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Beautiful card! Welcome to the team!

Shazza said...

this is so stunning x

Joni said...

Lovely card..thanks for sharing your style! We surely get the addiction!

C. M. Taylor said...

Beautiful!

Heather said...

Wow. That is just beautiful what an awesome background.

Linda Carson said...

This is gorgeous Diana! Love your starry night sky! Congrats on making the design team!

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Oh my word! This is so gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...