Friday, November 13, 2015

I Wouldn't Have Missed Being Your Friend - Guest Designer Christi Conley


My name is Christi and I am thrilled to be today's Guest Designer on the Quietfire Design Blog. I have been a fan of Suzanne's lovely calligraphy stamps since I discovered rubber stamping and now that they have added cut files and dies the creative options are amazing!  Here is the card I created:



How I Made my Card
Supplies:
Quietfire Designs Leafy Frame Cut File (also available at the Silhouette Store)
Core'dinations Essential Darks Cardstock
Vanilla Cardstock
Dark Brown Cardstock
Memories Acid Free Dye Ink in Artprint Brown
Silhouette Cameo
Pop Dots



This card is a little bigger than I typically create, but the 5" x 7" format is needed to showcase all the creative goodness. 




The cool thing about these cut files is they include everything you need to make the card - the card base, the frame, the ovals, everything. I wanted to cut everything out prior to beginning so I ungrouped the file and first cut the card out of orange cardstock (using a Silhouette Cameo is so easy once you get the hang of it - when you ungroup a file you just move the pieces you don't want to cut off the cutting mat and they won't cut).  Then I cut the leafy frame out of an olive green color, the mat and small oval out of vanilla cardstock and the large oval out of dark brown cardstock.
 





Once all my components were cut all that was left to do was stamp the sentiment onto the vanilla oval and assemble the card - so easy and quick! I glued the leafy frame onto the vanilla panel, attached the vanilla oval onto the dark brown oval, then pop dotted the panel and the oval onto the card base.  I really think the fall colors work so well with this cut file and the layers add a little something extra.






And here is another look at the card.  I adore the sentiment and the calligraphy is so beautiful! 

Thanks for visiting!  Christi
[You can find Christi regularly on her blog Art Without Anxiety!] 

3 comments:

Yogi said...

pretty. Have a great day

Christi Conley said...

Thank you Yogi! Your projects are amazing :)

Robyn said...

Love the layering! thats for coming out to play with us Christi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...