Friday, November 6, 2015

Wine is Sunlight - Guest Designer Kim Gowdy



Welcome to the Quietfire Design Blog! I’m Kim Gowdy and was delighted to be asked to share some projects with you! I am part of the team at Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine and love this hobby we all share!
I have to tell you, I had so much fun making these projects! They were inspired by a business card that popped up on my Facebook feed!


 

I used the “Wine is Sunlight” set, I have adored this set of stamps from the moment I was introduced to them .
Wine is Sunlight
I began my process by creating my background using Clearsnap Chalk Inks and Canadian Scrapbooker’s Superstock.



  1. I clear embossed the grapes randomly over my white cardstock 
  2. I randomly “stamped, stamped, stamped” the words “WINE IS BOTTLED POETRY” all over my background. Overlapping and NOT being mindful of placement. Use your stamp wet to dry. Think of this as placing a layer of colour on your background paper. 
  3. Using a foam applicator I filled in all the remaining white spaces with two co-ordinating colours. The chalk inks dry to a beautiful soft finish.

Once the background was created I used my Cricut Explore and a free SVG found on the web to cut away the wine bottle shape. I layered it on a white card base [adhering ONLY the sides and top], stamped the sentiment and grapes; then coloured the grapes and top with Clearsnap Smooch.


I cut a piece of Core’dinations Cardstock to be placed between my layers. A little ribbon tag allows you to pull the cardstock out…making the bottle go from full to empty to reveal the quote!



 I was going to throw away the wine bottle cut from the original background, but thought it to be wasteful; after all it was all inked up and ready to go…but looked so plain! I stamped and embossed the sentiment, added lots of May Arts twine and added a bit of Clearsnap smooch as a cap! I LOVED how it turned out. I think it would be an awesome tag to use with a gift of wine or maybe an embellishment for a scrapbook page! Hmmmm? What to do?


[You may find Kim in any issue of Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine as well as her Blog, Facebook and Pinterest]

11 comments:

Jean said...

LOVE this!!!!

Connie Nichol said...

this is just gorgeous!! Thanks for all of the inspiration!!!

kdgowdy said...

Awe thanks! It was fun to make!

Yogi said...

very nice. lovely idea with the pull out. Have a great day

kdgowdy said...

Thanks Yogi...it was fun to put together.

Unknown said...

I love the card, it looks so elegant and the bottle cut is awesome. Could you share the link to the SVG wine bottle?

Yvonne said...

Wow... that is some stunning project!

kdgowdy said...

Thanks Victoria! I believe this is the bottle I used!
http://cliparts.co/clipart/2360498

C. M. Taylor said...

GREAT IDEA ! tfs

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing

TracyM #6773 said...

BEAUTIFUL, FUN and FABULOUS - LOVE IT!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...