Thursday, March 24, 2016

I Wouldn't Have Missed Being Your Friend - Bonnie Garby, Guest Designer

Hi everyone.  I'm Bonnie Garby from Make Time to Craft and I'm guest designing for Quietfire Design this month.  Today I'm back with a card featuring the wonderful 'I wouldn't have missed being your friend for anything' stamp.  What a lovely quote for a card for a dear friend.

 
This time I started with a 5-1/2" square card base.  I stamped my beautiful sentiment on white cardstock with VersaFine Onyx Black ink.  I die cut around the sentiment with the Large Silver Circle Pierce and Cut Tool and the Circle Classic Large Stacker die, both from Cheery Lynn Designs.

For the background I cut a 5" square piece of white cardstock and backed it with Stick It adhesive.  I centered the Lords & Commons Square Doily from Cheery Lynn Designs on the right side of the cardstock and cut it out.  I then adhered the die cut to a piece of gray cardstock and trimmed leaving a narrow border.  I then added layers of yellow and gray.  Then I wrapped a piece of Metal Grey Diamond Satin around the center of the card and secured in back.  Then I added a layer of white mulberry paper and attached the panel to the card base.  Next I cut a piece of Yellow and Gray Confetti Dot Grosgrain Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon and dove tailed the ends.  Then I layered that piece over the diamond satin ribbon layer.  Then I attached the sentiment panel to the center of the card front using foam tape.
 
 
I created my roses with the Medium and Large Rose dies from Cheery Lynn Designs.  I cut the flower layers from white cardstock and inked the layers with yellow ink.  I sponged the edges with gray ink to define them.  I cut the Tiny Fanciful Flourish Right and Left from Cheery Lynn Designs out of green cardstock.  I attached the flourishes and roses below the sentiment.

I created a bi-color double-loop bow using Lemon Delicate Stitched Satin and Metal Gray Diamond Satin Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon on the Bow-it-All V2.0 Tool and attached it above the sentiment.
 

Bi-Color Double Loop Bow Video Tutorial
To view this video on YouTube, please click HERE.

I love finishing off a card with the perfect bow and this bi-color double-loop bow is a real show stopper.

 
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I've enjoyed creating projects to share with you this month featuring beautifully calligraphed quotes from Quietfire Design.  If you like my work, please stop by my Make Time to Craft Blog.  I will be sharing lots more projects featuring beautiful quotes from Quietfire Design in the coming months.

8 comments:

Jo said...

I love the bows and the sentiment you used.
Beautiful card.

KVencel said...

What a beautiful design! I usually don't like grey ( too many Midwest clouds in my past) but the yellow & white certainly cheer it up. Fabulous use of textures, too. Love!

Yogi said...

lovely. The bow really turned out quite nice. love the colors. Have a great day

Juliz Design Post said...

Lovely card Bonnie, a great sentiment and wonderful bow.
Julie x

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Beautiful!!! Thank you for the bow tutorial!

Nancy said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card! :o)

Connie Nichol said...

gorgeous!!! Absolutely love that double bow!!

Yvonne said...

Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...