Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Be Brave, Be Bold, Be Yourself - Cathy Potosky, Guest Designer



Hi everyone. My name is Cathy Potosky and I am very excited to be here as a guest designer with Quietfire Design for this month.

My project is a set of inserts for a Traveler's Journal I am making for a friend. Could this die set be a more perfect way to remind us to “be” all those things, even when you’re feeling down?

I started by painting my inserts with Distress Paint and sponges and set those aside to dry while I did my die cutting and stamping.

I cut out my dies and embossed them with Emerald Creek Embossing Powders and moved my them to the side to cool and started stamping my quotes.


I used the new Tim Holtz Alcohol Lift-Ink to stamp one quote and used Distress Oxides for the other two. I trimmed my quote images and edged everything in Distress Ink.



I attached my embossed words and stamped quotes with Be Creative double sided tape. 

Here a few close ups of the beautiful dies once they were embossed. 



One was cut from Yupo that had alcohol ink on it.




Thank you for stopping by and having a look today. I’ll be back in a couple of weeks with another project.



Supply List:
Emerald Creek Embossing Powders – Hammered Metal, Charred Gold, Metabaloid Blue and Banff Slate (LE)
Tim Holtz Distress Paint – Faded Jeans, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch, Shaded Lilac, Hickory Smoke
Tim Holtz Distress Oxides – Seedless Preserves and Blueprint Sketch
Dylusions Paint – Laidback Lilac, Crushed Grape and Black Marble


Thanks to Cathy for her awesome project!  You may find more of Cathy's creations on her blog http://amethystalcove.blogspot.com/ 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...