Monday, February 25, 2013

Create WithOut Limits, Flourishes One, Crows



Robyn here, having more fun than -(fill in the blank) I want to say barrel of monkeys- and how fun is a barrel of monkeys?--- a girl with a new technique.

Holly's crumpled embossing technique filled me with "what ifs?".

I used a combo of my favorite stamps and some I rarely use.












This ATC started with stamping the medium sized flourish with VersaMark***hint-have two pads-one that you keep perfectly clean for watermarking and one for general stamping(and be sure to clearly mark them***** all over the white card and thermal embossed clear.

Forgetting to refer to Holly's excellant turtorial, I then added color, Distress blues and purples using the Ink blending tool.
Then I remembered to crumple, misted the paper with water a bit to aid crumpling and then added more color to highlight the highs and lows.
Sprayed with Perfect Pearls Mist- Pearl and glued it onto another card-the crumbling shrinks the paper, so I inked up the border and blended that in.

Not wanting to hide the background I stamped Create Without Limits on velum, thermal embossed with  a purple power and glued it on with Glossy Accents.

I love how the paper gets a leathery look.


The flourished crow was VersaMark stamped, thermal embossed clear on white card.
I covered the card with Distress stain- lemonade and pewter, dried it well then stamped the musical notes with VersaMark and embossed clear.

Time to crumple. I misted the paper on the back and crumpled and straightened several times till I liked it.
Now for the fun- I added first some more yellows, then black soot, and finally chipped sapphire- all with the blending tool.
Wipe the crow off with a damp cloth,
add Crows-themal embossed silver on velum and start on another!













This card began with the flourished egg stamped in silver. When that was dry, the small crow embossed clear.
Stained the card with persimmon , lemon and mustard, clear embossed the musical notes, blended some  more with sapphire and black soot.

Controlled crumple!
 I fan folded the card, ran Picket Fence stain on the folds, more random blending and when dry highlighted with Stardust pen clear.

The crown was stamped on vellum,thermal embossed with Ranger Detail Silver





I want you to see the difference in embossing powders
The one on the left is a random clear, and on the right Ranger detail clear.
VersaFine Onyx on velum



 I recommend you make samples and keep them in a journal or on tags. Saves time and materials in the long run, and I think samples are fun!

Comments and questions always welcomed and I'd love to see "what ifs?" you create!

Be sure to subscribe to this blog by email so you don't miss the next technique of the Month with Holly March 1!

4 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Great cards! Very creative and unique!

Quietfire said...

Very nice Robyn! So hard to show the Perfect Pearls - but I love it!

Lisa :) said...

These are so pretty, love the technique!

Holly said...

Great work Robyn! Don't you just love 'what if's'?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...