Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Welcome to our New Designers!

Just in case you didn't see it in our newsletter, I'm delighted to welcome two new members to the Quietfire Design Team!  We are so lucky to have them.

At CHA in January I was snooping around the Spellbinders booth (for the 10th time, after all, you see something new every time!) and I caught sight of a card with a Quietfire stamp on it.  Well, nobody knew who did it and these things are *seriously* stuck in place so we couldn't see the back.  I can't recall how I finally found out whose card it was, but I know now. It was Teresa Horner's beautiful card!

Teresa is our July Guest Designer (scroll down this blog to see her recent creations) and we are so pleased she is joining us on a regular basis!

Teresa shared a bit about herself with us.

I am a true artist at heart and love trying everything involved with it.  I grew up with pencils, crayons and paintbrushes in my hands and ended up studying Graphic Design and Costume design in school and college.  I had my own craft business for a long time and worked the shows and sold in two stores.  I also love to help out at church and my kids school growing up and was always the first to raise my hand where crafts needed to be done. 
My next addiction came with Scrapbooking and Cardmaking and I worked, taught, made store samples, and was a buyer at my local scrapbook store for 12 years. During this time I was on the Best Creation Design team too where I was the DT Coordinator and worked the CHA shows.  I am currently in my second year on the Spellbinders Design Team. And I am also teaching card classes at Prima and Scrap N Yap...
I am so excited to be on the Quietfire Design Team this year and adore doing Calligraphy myself so it was a perfect match with Spellbinders.  
And as to where my blog name came from.. {I asked!} I love all things Victorian and working at the store for 12 years has given me a huge supply of paper to work with so my son came up with Paper Queen... not sure if I should be proud of the hoarding but I love what I do and want to have albums and cards for my family, kids and grandkids someday so I am all stocked up LOL!!

Teresa's personal blog is Victorian Paper Queen where you can see more of her beautiful creations.

Our other new designer is Debbie Sherman who was scheduled to be our Guest Designer in September, but we swept her into the fold early! 
Here is what Debbie shared with us about herself.
Hi!  I'm Debbie Sherman from the Cowboy State, big beautiful Wyoming!  I'm so excited to be part of the Quietfire Design Team! 
When I'm not scrap booking I am a road designer, photographer, wife, mother, grandmother of 6, auntie and friend. I have been crafting since I was a little girl.  I started out sewing and making jewelry around the age of 7 and have been creating ever since.  I still bead and sew but now it's mostly on my paper projects. 
I love photography and sometimes get that "great shot" that all photographers live for!  I am fortunate enough to have a press pass and am able to shoot big events occasionally. The city I live in has a yearly old west celebration called the"Daddy of 'em all" and I'm fortunate enough to attend the big rodeo's, Native Americans and several other events in town. With my press pass I have front row seating for these events which allows for some awesome photos. With all the photos I take it gives me the perfect reason to scrap them! I'm hoping to share some of those with all of you! I'm so excited to be part of this wonderful team and hope to inspire and be inspired along the way.
Debbie's personal blog is Creatively Speaking where you may see her versatile creations!
We're so happy to have both these very talented ladies join us!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Welcome!
I'm inspired just reading your bio's!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...