Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Magic of Feathers

Hi Everyone it's Teresa here today sharing a fun card and envelope
ensemble to make for someone special.  My inspiration came from 
our beautiful stamp set that we have with feathers and an old 
vintage inkwell and a caligraphy pen called "I write you letters"
 what better way to use it then make a set
of cards and envelopes with feathers.  And here is my project....


I have always thought that giving little mini books filled
with custom stationery would make great gifts for everyone.
Today I just made a simple jacket with a folded edged 
bottom to put the cards and envelopes in.  Be sure and measure
your cards and leave yourself about 3/4" all the way around
for each pocket so that you can glue the edges to keep them in.
Mine is just a bit short on the sides and I would have liked
to have made it just a tad bit bigger so that I could glue them.

My stamps can be found here for "I write you letters"
and here for the sentiment" You are sunlight to my heart".

 I also used Spellbinders S5-177 Filigree Delight
and a brand new Spellbinders die you can
 pre order here called Feathers S4-428.



For my cards I just used strips of the New G45 Botanical
Tea papers and tied on some jute and added the feathers
that I cut/embossed in matching papers on each of them.
Another great stamp to add to these would be Teeny Tiny 
Sentiments and you could put on on each of them.


For my envelopes I stamped each of them using the inkwell
and the feather stamp with a medium brown ink and just
let it dry.  I didn't emboss it so that it would look a little
more vintage.  You can use some distress ink around them
too and really make them look old world.  Before i attached
the front I glued a ribbon across the front so that I could
tie it all together to give as a present.  


 Thanks for stopping over today and hope you got a little
inspired to created something with feathers today!!
Have fun....

8 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

These are just gorgeous!

Yogi said...

love the feather on the front of the card. It's gorgeous. the whole project is lovely.
Have a great day

I'm a Little Teapot said...

What a beautiful set! Love the idea!

Robyn said...

Fun set. What a wonderful gift idea!

Con said...

I am a 'feather nut! Nature is my favorite for cards and scrapbooking...and life;)

Teresa said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments... The feathers also look good inked in lots of colors and you can cut the dies out of metal colored papers. There is so much that you can do with these... it should be a really fun thing to get creative with :)

Sherry Cheever said...

Gorgeous!

Holly said...

Very beautiful Teresa. The feathers are so much fun too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...