Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hello, my friend

Hi!  I'm so excited about Quietfire's new metal dies that I have two cards to share with you today.  They both use the Hello die and they were both hard to photograph, especially the first one.

I used Staz-On Opaque White ink. to stamp my butterflies on the clear acetate.   I made a purple watercolor wash and then used the Hello die to cut out the watercolor paper.  I then used just a thin strip of 1/8" Scortape to adhere my background paper to the back layer of the card.  That way you could still lift up the back to write your note if you didn't want to write across the floral paper.

Quietfire Design, Hello die, butterflies, Diana Nguyen

So much glare but it looks quite neat and dainty in real life.

 Quietfire Design, Hello die, butterflies, Diana Nguyen

On my second card I made a shaker card though it started out just as a negative die cut.  But after adding the acetate to adhere the little inside pieces, I went ahead and added some beads and sequins.  


Quietfire Design, Hello die, butterflies, Diana Nguyen, friends

I also stamped "My friend" below the die opening and added some sequins to the front.  

Quietfire Design, Hello die, butterflies, Diana Nguyen, friends

Hello - Metal Cutting Die




Butterflies/Dragonflies set of 7 stamps


Friends, Set of 4 Stamps


Thanks for looking and have a great day!




8 comments:

Mickey Drake said...

I LOVE your cards, Diana, how beautiful! What a great idea making a shaker card out of the negative cut, as well. Brilliant! :)

KVencel said...

These are very beautiful designs and highlight the die words so perfectly!

Yogi said...

beautiful. nice on the acetate. Have a great day

Quietfire said...

Oh WOW, to both cards! lol, evil chuckle! I *bet* the acetate one was hard to photograph!!!

Froggietalks said...

These are AMAZING cards Diana! I have to totally CASE the shaker card.. LOVE that idea :)

Lagene said...

Gorgeous cards!

Lynne said...

I have tried and tried to make shaker cards and the "sequins, etc." always stick to the residue on the edges whether I use a liquid or a tape runner. Any suggestions? Does the scotch foam tape work better?

Quietfire said...

It's Suzanne here and I'm going to answer for a bunch of the Design Team! Robyn says she likes it when some things stick to the sides (especially the top) so it's spread out. She also says she just used a clear bag for her last shaker card. I thought that was a great idea! (They're the bags the Quietfire stamps and dies come in) Otherwise check out Jennifer McGuire's website for shaker card ideas! Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...